Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2023, 11:25 AM

Default Crackling and Glitchiness with "Ignore Errors During Playback/Recording" Button?

Is anyone else having issues with playback? I'm on 2023.6, and for some reason, out of the blue, I started getting crackly and glitchy audio? It sounds slowed down, like there's a sample rate issue, but the files that I have loaded in match the project sample rate. When I check this box off, the track plays back just fine. Not sure if this box is broken, or something else is the issue and this is helping bypass it

Thanks in advance!
-Jesse
Old 10-13-2023, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Crackling and Glitchiness with "Ignore Errors During Playback/Recording" Button?

don't engage the "Ignore Errors During Playback/Recording" Button

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 10-13-2023, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Crackling and Glitchiness with "Ignore Errors During Playback/Recording" Button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
don't engage the "Ignore Errors During Playback/Recording" Button
Yep, it even says it might create pops and clicks. Pretty straightforward.
Old 10-14-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Yep, it even says it might create pops and clicks. Pretty straightforward.
Sure, what I was hearing was significantly worse than a few pops or clicks. I was trying to link some audio from soundcloud, but I think being a new member, I can't send links yet until I hit 5 posts? I might be misremembering the requirements. Just in case, remove the spaces here and you'll get the audio -> "https:// on.soundcloud. com/ TXzyF"

I've used the "Ignore Errors During Playback" button in the past with good results, I prefer the occasional pop or click in a recording setting because those can always be comped out, and a good performance can be saved. The crackling and glitchiness I'm mentioning now has the music re-pitched down as well, which makes the entire thing sound useless on playback.

I understand the whole "hey doc, it hurts when I do this this", "well, then don't do that" concept, but since this is behaving worse than normal, I was wondering if there was a workaround other than not using it. Is this checkbox known to cause problems? It sounds like you all prefer to have it off by default?

Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-14-2023, 06:49 AM

My experience is that when clicks and pops occur under this setting, they do not occur in a subtle fashion. They appear in an obvious way. What you’re describing is exactly what I’ve experienced for many versions of pro tools.

If you want to continue using this setting, you can typically toggle out of the crackly state by simply unchecking and rechecking this box.

My experience has been that this problem will appear occasionally when opening a heavy session, or when loading a cpu heavy plugin. It does not typically happen out of the blue during recording or playback otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk