Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Using my DIGI 002 control surface with Cubase

Ever frustrated with the lack of Midi functionality in PT, I decided to give Cubase a try.

Full stop. I am not NOT defecting, just trying to get the most of my midi compositions via whatever means seems to work the most efficiently.

So, I want to use my 002 with my Cubase SX3 program and understand that the two are compatible to some degree. But, as I am continually plagued by idiocy, (my own of course) I cannot find a post herein that describes just how to go about this. I am certain there are others here who have achieved success when using their 002 machines with Cubase, but (as is typical) I cannot find information on setting it up.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

I am forever in your debt....

~ J
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Using my DIGI 002 control surface with Cubase

Joel: I forget the menus in Cubase caus it has been a while, but there is a menu option in there on the 4th or 5th catagory on the top from left to right that will allow you to set your hardware preference. You have to set your I/O's to the 002 and you will be able to arm sessions..etc.. successfully. I will e-mail a friend that uses a similar setup currently and e-mail you my findings. I just forget the exact terminology off hand at the moment. lol

btw.. e-mailed you otherwise also man. Hope all is cool! peace
Old 08-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Avid

First what you're going to want to do is set your 002 as the interface that Cubase is going to work off of. So go to "Devices" and click on the "VST Audiobay" tab. On the right, change the master ASIO driver to Digi's ASIO driver. (If you're using a different audio interface's ASIO driver, you may or may not have to do this.)

Next we're going to setup the 002's inputs. Under the "Devices" menu again, select "VST Connections". Delete whatever the default input is that's displayed. Click on "Add Bus" and add 8 mono inputs. Hopefully, it'll add the 8 line inputs consecutively for each "Bus". If not, just click on the "Audio Device" or whichever track and assign it to the corresponding 002 input. If you ever record anything in stereo, it'll help to make stereo inputs also. If you're using more than the stereo outputs, you'll want to do the same thing for the "Output" tab. After you're done setting everything up, make sure you SAVE your settings for both the inputs and outputs. If you don't, the next time you load up Cubase, you'll have to do this all over.

Now, in the sequencer, when you add a mono audio track and select the input to that track, you'll see all your available inputs on the 002.

As far as the controller is concerned, I'm not very knowledgable in that area. I would assume that the 002 will load up by default and control banks of 8 faders in order that they appear in the sequencer and not the mix windows.

I hope this works for you!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM

Quote:

I would assume that the 002 will load up by default and control banks of 8 faders in order that they appear in the sequencer and not the mix windows.

I'd assume the control surface won't work at all.

Old 08-26-2005, 03:53 PM

SUPER great replies!

I got 'er up and running and it works very well. Gotta tell ya, this is pretty stinking stable on my 002 and over clocked AMD 64 3400 MOBILE.
Wow, stuff loads so fast it is mind boggling. Much, much faster than the crippled PTLE. I am not defecting, but I have quickly seen the advantages of the Steinberg Midi controls and design.

Superpenguin, got yer email and have just been running like crazy. I need to shoot you a call brother. Email me a number when you have a tick, cool?

Thanks Donnydonny, great infooooooo!!!!

~ J
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 AM

Hello Every one,

I am facing an issue on connecting Digi 002 Mixer with Cubase 5.

Cubase 5 able to switch Audio device system to ASIO Digidesign Driver under device setup , but even after connecting I am unable to the assign tracks created in cubase to digidesign mixer track , no light displaying for the same
could any one help me on this with steps .

Thanks in advance!!!!