Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 AM

Default Metadata makes me scream.. a rant by pkingduk

ok dudes.. SERIOUSLY.. how hard is it to put a CANCEL button on the "scanning metadata" window??? Really.. I want to know how hard it is. Like.. how many people would have to work for how long inorder to put a CANCEL button into that window? Like.. 10 people for a month?.. one person for a couple hours? Can I personally pay a programmer to stay late one night and throw one in there for me? Can you give me one for Christmas? Can there be a version called ProTools HD EXTREME that has a cancel button added into it?.. and region list bins.. and more than 192 voices.. and a 900+ track limit.. and a way to lock out the tools we dont use.. and an audiosuite preview mode that isnt stupid and slow.. and a way to render a a track with inserts that doesnt require making a record bus.. (i.e. render plugins on track).. and a way to SELECT MUTED REGIONS.. and like a million other obvious things that have nothing to do with virtual instruments, MIDI or vintage compressor plug ins..?

..or something?

maybe we can start a donation fund that will go towards hiring a programmer to add totally unsexy, and unexciting features that we actually NEED... and, like... stufff....?

ok end rant.. PT should be done scanning all the metadata I dont give a crap about by now..
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Metadata makes me scream.. a rant by pkingduk

ahmen brother

- but seeing that this post is like two years old I take it that no ones listening
Old 06-09-2010, 04:06 PM

looks like it's Metadata Sucks day today at the DUC...

I'm sure they're going to get RIGHT onto this problem... right after they finish making a new plug in that makes guitars sound vintage and creamy..

barf

pk
Old 06-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Why have I never had a problem with metadata? Rather embarrassingly, I don't even know what it is or why you'd need it.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 PM

control+click on an audio region in a protools session with a LOT of audio files in it.. watch the pretty blue bar go by.. for like 2 minutes.. while the director is asking you why the $2000/hour mixing stage he's paying for isn't mixing...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E-S-A-U-C-E

..oh and metadata is information embedded into sound files.. like description of SFX or sample rate.. etc.. stuff like that.. it's useful when you need it... WHEN YOU NEED IT of course being the key thing here..
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkingduk View Post
control+click on an audio region in a protools session with a LOT of audio files in it.. watch the pretty blue bar go by.. for like 2 minutes.. while the director is asking you why the $2000/hour mixing stage he's paying for isn't mixing...
why dontcha be a little more careful witcher mousie?