Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 09:19 AM

Default Nero won\'t burn WAVs

Why can't I burn a WAV bounce? (When I bounce to AIFF it works).

www.guyfi.com
www.flystudiosmilwaukee.com
Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Nero won\'t burn WAVs

Originally posted by guy.fi:
Quote:
Why can't I burn a WAV bounce? (When I bounce to AIFF it works).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I read about this just the other day. I had the same problem a few weeks back.
You apparently have to open the wav file in another editor(like cooleditpro, et.al.), resave it as a wav, then burn it in Nero.

Good Luck
Mitch
Old 02-03-2003, 10:31 AM

do u have the lates update on nero..??

brian uller
Old 02-03-2003, 10:45 AM

I used to have this problem too. Only the most recent versions of Nero will work with PT .WAV files. I'm not sure exactly where the cut-off is but I'm using 5.5 and it works fine. The problem has something to do with PT putting a tag into the bounced-to-disk files that older versions of Nero didn't like. There have been a few threads on this before, do a search of the DUC and I'm sure you'll find some more exact answers.

James
Old 02-03-2003, 10:49 AM

As far as I know, Nero will not burn the PT wavs. In order for my tracks to burn, I bounce to disc, 16b, stereo interleave etc... then open the file up in soundforge, do what you need to do in soundforge and save. Once the file is saved in soundforge, it is in a format that will burn to disc, and is playable on any system. There are more technical reasons having to do with the types of waves that PT utilizes when bouncing to disc that are different than the usual wave files we are all used to working with.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:54 AM

MusicMatch Jukebox Plus works every time - I had the same problem with Nero (old version - newer versions should work )
Old 02-03-2003, 11:14 AM

What a coincidence. I spent the whole weekend banging my head over this one. Now I know.

I'm using XP and tried to burn a CD from there (after trying a million times with nero). It still didn't like the protools WAV files. Couldn't get it to work. Should I just stop using WAV files?

THe other thing...I burned some MP3's onto a cd from my old computer as an audio disk and tried to load them into protools. When I tried to transfer them it said protools couldn't recognize them. Actually I have been unable to get any files into protools off CD's including off store bought CD's. But I have burned CDs fine using NERO. And I have imported WAV files into Protools, but only ones that I downloaded off the net to this computer.

Any help would be ever so greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out.

Paul [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_m:
THe other thing...I burned some MP3's onto a cd from my old computer as an audio disk and tried to load them into protools. When I tried to transfer them it said protools couldn't recognize them. Actually I have been unable to get any files into protools off CD's including off store bought CD's. But I have burned CDs fine using NERO. And I have imported WAV files into Protools, but only ones that I downloaded off the net to this computer.

Any help would be ever so greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out.

Paul [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Paul- you need to extract the audio from the cd back to your hard drive, then import it into pro tools. cd audio is in the .cda format. you need to use the .wav, .aif, etc format in pro tools. you can extract the audio using nero.

guy.fi-
it's a known bug that nero does not read pt .wav files. i havent tried the new versions of nero, but i am told this bug has been fixed.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:30 PM

Alex T. has the answer.. this is a well known problem with versions of NERO before 5.5.9

get the newest NERO and it works fine
Old 02-03-2003, 06:29 PM

Stupid question, but is there any way to avoid paying for it? I got a copy with my burner. Maybe I should buy a cheap burner, since I need one anyway...