Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2010, 09:09 AM

Default fader "OFF"

i had a fader randomly turn off today for about 20 minutes and then finally just randomly came back on.. any ideas what happened? I have my show file and I created a log in the history file when I noticed it happen. Who do I send this file to so it can get checked out?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Default Re: fader "OFF"

Can you explain more on what happened...you say the fader was "off" I'm not sure what you mean by that

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 PM

The label above the fader said "OFF" and the fader would went down all the way and could not be used to change level... Audio still passed though.

I think you can recreate the fader "OFF" thing if you hold onto a fader while you change banks... But when you let go of the fader it should come back on and fly back up to where you had it. My fader just turned off on its own and stayed off for a while.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:51 PM

Sometimes this happens when you have a fader blocked and change banks. If the fader position is different on the other bank and it is unable to move it should turn off, I believe.

Dave
Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 PM

I've seen this happen as a result of a blocked (even partially) fader during startup.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM

yes I have seen it happen also many times... But usually it goes back to normal very quickly.. is there a trick to get it back on if it stays off like it did for me?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM

On a D-Show you can right click on the surface in the Devices tab on the Options page and reset it. Not a good idea for a mission critical time in your show, though, because you will lose control while it resets. Note that this is different from resetting the entire console. I'd assume it would also work on a Profile.

You can also power-cycle the control surface assuming you're not on an SC48.

Dave
Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Ellis View Post
yes I have seen it happen also many times... But usually it goes back to normal very quickly.. is there a trick to get it back on if it stays off like it did for me?
Resetting the affected side of the Profile surface seemed to fix it without interrupting audio when we tested it during a soundcheck. Our policy is a full system reboot at the earliest opportunity. (after show)

Remember that you can still get to the fader on screen with the mouse if you have too.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM

I've been experiencing this lately midshow, without the fader being blocked in motion. I've occasionally done the oh-so-stressful reset during show move, but I've also found that, weirdly, usually when I advance to the next snapshot it tends to come back to life.

any thoughts?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Lind View Post
any thoughts?
We haven't had any issues like this since we got super paranoid about making sure the faders were totally clear on startup.

Have you emailed support to ask?