Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 AM

Exclamation A fellow engineer in need

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I apologize in advance to anyone who will have an issue with this thread but I am doing this on behalf of a great friend and fellow engineer/ ProTools user.

My friend Paul Harrison of Austin, TX was informed a couple weeks ago that his Medicaid benefits will be terminated on Dec 31st. He is diabetic and just got a pacemaker about a month ago. He will be losing all his medications and ability to see doctors. This is all due to a gap in services provided by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. I’ve attached a link to a video from a recent new broadcast featuring my friend and his plight. It will contain more information on the matter. In essence, my friend has been given what is no less than a death sentence. He cannot survive without his medications and regular doctor visits.

I really don’t ask too much of people, but I have no choice and would feel horrible if I didn’t try everything I could. I’m wondering if you may know someone who may be able to bring more attention to his cause or maybe help directly in some way. Its not only my freind who's going through this but apparently several people fall into these "gaps" in service, some never make it out.

I hate to put you in anyone in an uncomfortable position but if you think you may be able to help, It would be greatly appreciated my more than myself. Thanks

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Health_Care_Gap_Leaves_Many_Uninsured