Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 07:41 AM

Default Update after 1 month on SC48, and a few more ?s

What did I ever do without this console?? First off, if you are new to Venue and haven't watched the webinars, please watch them. You will learn a TON of stuff. Topics like setting up upward compression correctly, tips and tricks, etc. will put you way out in front of the game. My application is a 13 piece band with 9 ear mixes, a few audio feeds (video/prod), 2 track playback for break music, etc. Configurations like AFL triggering flip to faders, different VCA assignments per snapshots, flex channel and the spill feature GREATLY improve my workflow and efficiency.

Coming from Yamaha to Venue, the only things that I miss and wish I had are integrated full parametric eq's on the outputs/aux with HPF, the ability to insert a GEQ to an input (stock GEQs from console), bookmarks to jump to any page of the software I want with one keystroke, a flashing indicator for delay speed, an event to turn my console lights off, user parameters for different engineers, and a password to get back into the console from 'Lock'. I know that the first two can be accomplished with plugins, but it would be nice to have that built into the console. Any suggestions on these issues would be great!

Overall, I am having alot of fun mixing on this desk. Thanks to everyone's advice, comments, suggestions, and help along with way. Now I just have to figure out how to save up and get some Waves plugins, WOW...........glad Christmas is just around the corner!!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Update after 1 month on SC48, and a few more ?s

Yeah bro...I'm waiting on my Waves bundle too...that will be grand!

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-11-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmillerjr View Post
Yeah bro...I'm waiting on my Waves bundle too...that will be grand!
Actually... a few grand...
But worth it - I LOVE the bundle!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Sound Audio View Post
Actually... a few grand...
But worth it - I LOVE the bundle!
True...but I was referring to amazing...

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 11-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Venues come with plenty of good stuff to get things rolling, but I'm suggesting this custom bundle for my friends and clients:

SPL Transient Designer (drum sound tool)
Crane Song Phoenix (great harmonic dist amp/comp)
McDSP ML4000 limiter (great brickwall and/or multiband)
McDSP MC2000 multiband (great fast multiband)
McDSP De555 deesser (or Massey but as Massey is not iLok protected it is hard to move around)
Waves MaxxBass (RenBass would be my first choice but that is not available separately)
Waves Metaflanger (Venues are lacking in this dept.)
Waves H-Delay (better to use than digidesign delays, can do different types like ping-pong or straight, I do pref. Echo Farm but that is more expensive)

For me this package covers all I think what could be added to get most out of the Venue and it will cost roughly 2700, less if you go thru dealer or can buy second hand.