Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 08:59 AM

Default The Apple hammer

This statement came from another thread, but I've seen other little bits here and there about Apple coming up with some kind of music software thing. Does anyone know the specifics of this?

"Not to mention the hammer Apple's getting ready to bring down on this whole broken set of standards and dorky little companies..."
Old 09-27-2002, 09:09 AM

Default Re: The Apple hammer

Apple recently purchased E-magic, the company that does Logic. It could be a very powerfull alliance. People who like Logic LOVE it. I don't really like the way it works, myself, but I'm a mixer guy and not a sequencer guy. That would be the Hammer, though.

Steve
Old 09-27-2002, 07:33 PM

I think this also relates to OS X "Audio units" Plug-in standard - which could make all other host-based standards obsolete.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:17 PM

This Could also be that Apple Computers purchased after the first of the year will no longer boot OS9....
Old 09-27-2002, 08:57 PM

I think you missinterpeted the rumor. I think what you are referring to is Apple's "Screwdriver" stategy... Digidesign is the first to reap the benifits of this new stategy being the first to get Screwed [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2002, 09:10 PM

From what I've seen this week, it looks like Digi is rolling with the punches pretty well. Whatever Apple has in store, Digidesign has a handle on it. They'll be ready by MacWorld (Jan. 2003).
Old 09-28-2002, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allbaldo:
This statement came from another thread, but I've seen other little bits here and there about Apple coming up with some kind of music software thing. Does anyone know the specifics of this?

"Not to mention the hammer Apple's getting ready to bring down on this whole broken set of standards and dorky little companies..."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There has been rumors about Apple switching from PowerPC chips to AMD "Hammer" (Opteron) chips in the next generation of hardware.... That would indeed change a lot!
Old 09-28-2002, 04:30 PM

Wait.....isn't that an Eric "Bombfactory" quote?

If so, it could mean anything!