How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2024, 04:26 PM

Default Clips are in project but not clip list

Hello,

To begin with, I am a returning member from long ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find my old username or email address associated.

The issue I'm having is most of the audio in my session is not showing in the clips list. I've gone through as many settings or preferences I could find, and I've searched as much as I could online but I have not been able to find a solution for this.

All the audio files are present in the Project Workspace and are not missing when I open the session. Attached is what I'm seeing in my session. Please let me know if I'm simply overlooking something simple.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 6.10.37 PM.jpg
Old 02-07-2024, 04:43 AM
Avid

Default Re: Clips are in project but not clip list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas3 View Post
Hello,

To begin with, I am a returning member from long ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find my old username or email address associated.

The issue I'm having is most of the audio in my session is not showing in the clips list. I've gone through as many settings or preferences I could find, and I've searched as much as I could online but I have not been able to find a solution for this.

All the audio files are present in the Project Workspace and are not missing when I open the session. Attached is what I'm seeing in my session. Please let me know if I'm simply overlooking something simple.

Attachment 18572
Hi Jas3,

I can help you recover your previous account. Just let me know your registered email and user name via Private Message.
Before we proceed, may i know what Pt version and OS you’re currently on?

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-07-2024, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas3 View Post
Hello,

Attachment 18572
2 things..

Either you’re not showing “Auto-Created” clips in the clips bin, Or, you recently did a search for a particular clip and didn’t clear out the search.

Are each of those clips on the timeline individual whole files or are they edits made from just a few whole files?
Old 02-07-2024, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
2 things..

Either you’re not showing “Auto-Created” clips in the clips bin, Or, you recently did a search for a particular clip and didn’t clear out the search.

Are each of those clips on the timeline individual whole files or are they edits made from just a few whole files?
This^^^ And to expand a bit; go to the Clips bin mini-menu (upper right hand corner of the bin), pull it down to "Show" -> "Auto-created". To clear any existing search (which will affect clips shown in the list), just hit shift-cmd-'d'

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 02-07-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
2 things..

Hi, thank you for the help. I did need to clear the search. :) I must have searched for a clip in there but do not remember doing it. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
This^^^ And to expand a bit; go to the Clips bin mini-menu (upper right hand corner of the bin), pull it down to "Show" -> "Auto-created". To clear any existing search (which will affect clips shown in the list), just hit shift-cmd-'d'
Thanks, Rich. I appreciate you helping with this. The search did need to be cleared.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:46 AM

Try "Shift+Option K"