Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Volume automation in omf export

I'm exporting an omf from Protools but when I import the omf back into Protools the volume automation is gone.
I'm exporting as OMF,
enforce Avid Compatibility,
audio format embedded,
consolidate from source media,
handle size 10000 milliseconds.

all my previous omf exports have been master bounce file omfs, so no need for automation. If anyone has an idea if this is a user error, bug, or limitation please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Chris Nuckols
Old 09-25-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Volume automation in omf export

i found one post where it says that you have to unselect avid compatibility and uncheck quantize boundaries to export automation. Is this the only way to get the volume automation across?

Chris Nuckols
Old 09-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Is this the only way to get the volume automation across?
As a practical matter, yes.

One other detail you may have noticed, that if you have enforce Avid compatibility you will very often find tiny regions on the head and/or tail of most regions in your session. They are a necessary evil when exporting from a sample-accurate editing system, Pro Tools, to a frame accurate system, Avid. That "quantize boundaries" option is the one that does it. It is best not to check that option unless you are actually going to a video editing system.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nuckols View Post
i found one post where it says that you have to unselect avid compatibility and uncheck quantize boundaries to export automation. Is this the only way to get the volume automation across?

Chris Nuckols
thanks Chris - thats the exact info I was looking for.. now able to get the files out of protools to my DAW for mixing.

I would have thought such a feature would be well documented? no mention of this in the PDF files!!!!!

thanks again, the DUC saves the day :)