Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2023, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Talkback DIM possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
That is what I thought, too, but it's not behaving that way. Setting the MTRX in DADman to word clock source works as expected if I'm working on a 5.1 mix inside Pro Tools. But when I do an Atmos mix and I'm running through the Dell hardware RMU, Dadman gives me a sync flag on the MADI input of the matrix, and there are occasional cascading clicks through the monitors. If I change its sync source to MADI, the flag goes away, and I have no clicks (and as we just found the talkback mic DIM works with this setting too)

Connection to the hardware RMU is via an RME MADI card with TCO option. Source is 64 ch from the MTRX MADI outs and 64 ch from an Avid MADI. House clock is getting clock from the Sync HD, and outputs to the MTRX, Avid MADI, and TCO option card of the RMU.

It defies logic, but it works. That is the workaround I've had to do since I built this room in 2018. That said, switching sync for Atmos sessions is a PITA, so if you have a suggestion of something to check/try, I'd love to hear about it!
And you have verified that you have set the MADI card in the RMU to sync to Word Clock, and that it locks to Word Clock?
Old 10-25-2023, 09:06 AM

Default Re: Talkback DIM possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntp-jl View Post
And you have verified that you have set the MADI card in the RMU to sync to Word Clock, and that it locks to Word Clock?
Yes, word clock inputs to the TCO option card and is locked. Then card 1 is set to sync to the TCO, and card 2 is set to sync to card 1 on the internal cable (clock source sync in).

I did just notice that the "Word Clk Out and Single Speed" checkbox was check on both cards, and according to Dolby that should be unchecked. But I wouldn't think that would have an affect on this situation since I'm not even using the workclock outputs on the card at all. But just in case, I've un-check both and will do a test now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TCO.jpg (33.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg card 1.jpg (35.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg card 2.jpg (37.6 KB, 0 views)
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
www.TheToolshedStudio.com
Certified for Dolby Atmos Home Entertainment