Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 04:55 PM

Default OO1 TROUBLES!

In Protools LE, how come the Pitch adjuster never sounds the same in the "preview" after you "process" it (under "audiosuite" effects and plugins...help what am i doing wrong?...also - no one ever answered me on drum sequencer software--- is there any out there for the MAC?thanks!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:45 PM

Default Re: OO1 TROUBLES!

I think if you have a plug in inserted on that track, the "preview" leaves it out...just plays the audiosuite-affected file. Then, when you process it, the plug in comes back on, so maybe that's what's happening?
Old 01-28-2002, 07:49 PM

i never pitch shift anything so i can't help you out there...

i use reason for my drum programming.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:59 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>"how come the Pitch adjuster never sounds the same in the "preview" after you "process" it (under "audiosuite" effects and plugins...help what am i doing wrong?.." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If by Pitch adjuster you mean the Digirack Pitch Shift (I think you are...), you could solve your problem by disabling the Time Correction option. When used, it's pretty true that the result sounds like s*** most of the time. This plug can't handle proper correction.The preview doesn't use Time correction which explain why you get such a difference.
Disabling this option will make your sound longer or shorter (positive or negative pitch), but you can always use the Compression/expansion plug which was created for time correction.

For "real" Pitching, you may want to try Pitch N Time which works way better (but is way more expensive !...too bad) or Speed by Waves Mechanic (also a "little bit "too expensive for me...). The best "pitcher" I actually have is still my good old S3000XL (Real Time pitching and great quality), too bad it's not a plugin...