Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2009, 07:43 AM

Default It won't run

I just bought the Pro Tools LE 8 software and it simply will not load on my PC. I have 1.12 GB of RAM and speed is 1.01 GHz. I know the disks are good because I tried them on a laptop from work and they're fine. I have autorun activated on my PC but when I put in the installer disk nothing happend. All I see is the liten disk on the screen indicating the system sees the program but run it. I got a feeling this is a real simple problem. Help
Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM

Default Re: It won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrax0831 View Post
I just bought the Pro Tools LE 8 software and it simply will not load on my PC. I have 1.12 GB of RAM and speed is 1.01 GHz. I know the disks are good because I tried them on a laptop from work and they're fine. I have autorun activated on my PC but when I put in the installer disk nothing happend. All I see is the liten disk on the screen indicating the system sees the program but run it. I got a feeling this is a real simple problem. Help
Try right clicking the drive and choose "EXPLORE" hopefully this will open a new window that will allow you to see the contects of the disk. You should see an icon that looks like pair of orange and brown arrows (it looks kinda like the recycle symbol). Double clicking this should start the installer.

1GHz.... Does that computer have a DVD drive? if its really old you may have just a CD drive.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88