Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2023, 08:21 AM

Default Check out the pics

2022.12 app and desktop app. Nothing showing up anymore after update.
Mojave
Mac pro late 2013
Protools 2022.12
Very odd . And like I said before none of the snap shots re-name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230209_111641.jpg (31.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230209_111651.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230209_111705.jpg (34.4 KB, 0 views)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 02-10-2023, 03:31 PM
Avid

Default Re: Check out the pics

This is an Apple drawing bug. They change the way they do graphics all the time and it's so hard for us to keep up. As its hard for us to test every dot version we had to stop officially supporting Mojave in 22.12. I'm sorry about this.
Old 02-11-2023, 05:02 AM

So basically your saying if I upgrade to Big Sur this issue goes away? How come this isn't clearly stated in your documentation?! I was looking for that and there's no mention of 2022.12 being incompatible or having said issue!
How do I downgrade if I want to?

Any reason why snap shots aren't showing naming on the iPad? Is this a mac system os issue or an issue with Eucontrol Software In general
coryrizos.com
Old 02-11-2023, 07:42 AM

The optimum solution would of course be to roll back both mac and ipad to your backup of the last working version. If that's not possible, I have eucon installers back to 2020… and I'm sure Avid also could provide what you would need. (It's important to uninstall eucon before installing, I'm told.)

I'm not sure it's so simple with the ipad, as the install from app store will always give you the latest version. And you would get the "version mismatch" error, and it won't work.

Then again, Mohave is getting old really fast, so…

Latest Eucon is working here on Big Sur, if not problem free, it's at least working. Even with me stuck on PT2020.12.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:32 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
So basically your saying if I upgrade to Big Sur this issue goes away? How come this isn't clearly stated in your documentation?! I was looking for that and there's no mention of 2022.12 being incompatible or having said issue!
How do I downgrade if I want to?

Any reason why snap shots aren't showing naming on the iPad? Is this a mac system os issue or an issue with Eucontrol Software In general
Sorry for this but it is in the Whats New Guide and the EUCON Compatibility web page.
Old 02-13-2023, 07:11 PM

Thank you Ben very appreciated. I keep all versions as well. Like you pointed out rolling back an iPad isn't so easy! Eucontrol rollback is a no brainer.

Bottom line it's major freakin annoying. Snap Shots don't rename and then the graphical issue with the softly page, like wtf man.

Anyways I just upgraded my Mac to a studio with Monterey and the graphics issue is gone but the snap shots don't rename. WORKED BEFORE!!
Sorry to say this AVID but what the "F" are you doing releasing updates that are clearly buggy! We're not you beta testers but working pros that don't have time to de-bug your buggy crap releases. I'd love to go on and on but I'll hold my ill tempered tongue at this point!
coryrizos.com
Old 02-14-2023, 08:27 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thank you Ben very appreciated. I keep all versions as well. Like you pointed out rolling back an iPad isn't so easy! Eucontrol rollback is a no brainer.

Bottom line it's major freakin annoying. Snap Shots don't rename and then the graphical issue with the softly page, like wtf man.

Anyways I just upgraded my Mac to a studio with Monterey and the graphics issue is gone but the snap shots don't rename. WORKED BEFORE!!
Sorry to say this AVID but what the "F" are you doing releasing updates that are clearly buggy! We're not you beta testers but working pros that don't have time to de-bug your buggy crap releases. I'd love to go on and on but I'll hold my ill tempered tongue at this point!
As I said before the softkey graphic error is known to us and caused by Apple. Thats why Mojave not supported. The snapshot names got past 184 beta testers and our QA and does not affect everyone. Sometimes (just like any other company) something slips though. I'm sorry about this but it just the way a complicated product like this is. There's not been a time in the past few years we haven't jumped on any issues and fixed them ASAP....as we are doing again with this issue.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:03 AM
Avid

Quote:

And as has been pointed out by other users, please moderate your language, otherwise posts will be removed.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:46 PM

Workstation Application button not working either on Artist Mix Surfaces.
coryrizos.com
Old 02-14-2023, 04:07 PM
Avid

Quote:
Workstation Application button not working either on Artist Mix Surfaces.
Are you pressing it and then Bank > seems to work for me. One thing that may cause this, is the other gift from Apple. Although MClient and EuControl are allowed in accessibility prefs....they really aren't. Remove them and add them back and this will fix this and keyboard softkeys commands.