Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM

Question what preference am I looking for? plug window display behavior

I'm posting this in two forum locations, since I'm new to using a D-Command, and I'm not sure if this is happening because of the controller, or if it's a preference I haven't run into before.

The scenario is I want to create a send from, say, a snare track to an aux with a verb on it. I have the window for the verb plug open, and I want it to remain visible, but when I create the send from the snare track, the plug window switches to whatever the plug is in the same insert slot of the snare track. Is there some kind of preference I need to switch to change this behavior? I want the GUI of the plug in the aux to remain open when I go to another track to make a send that goes to that aux.

Is this related to the focus track on the D-Command? What are some key words I should be looking up in the PT reference manual or the D-Command guide?

thanks a lot--Kevin
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Quiet Art Ltd.

Default Re: what preference am I looking for? plug window display behavior

Yes, focus mode is where you need to look at.
Also, you can have the plug windows open all the time if you option click (or was it shift or apple?) on the target-looking red ring things in the upper right corner of plugin windows.