Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2023, 02:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Check out the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
2022.12 app and desktop app. Nothing showing up anymore after update.
Mojave
Mac pro late 2013
Protools 2022.12
Very odd . And like I said before none of the snap shots re-name.
Apparently, there is a workaround for this. Move it to another screen.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Thank you Ben very appreciated. I keep all versions as well. Like you pointed out rolling back an iPad isn't so easy! Eucontrol rollback is a no brainer.

Bottom line it's major freakin annoying. Snap Shots don't rename and then the graphical issue with the softly page, like wtf man.

Anyways I just upgraded my Mac to a studio with Monterey and the graphics issue is gone but the snap shots don't rename. WORKED BEFORE!!
Sorry to say this AVID but what the "F" are you doing releasing updates that are clearly buggy! We're not you beta testers but working pros that don't have time to de-bug your buggy crap releases. I'd love to go on and on but I'll hold my ill tempered tongue at this point!
Hey man .. these things affect us all ... but if they tested for each and every potential issue (which would be great inf it were POSSIBLE), they'd give us a new release once every five years! This company has been pretty great about giving us some the most powerful tools available for us to make our livings from. Be cool .. it'll get there ... always does.
Peace,
Old 02-17-2023, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiograce View Post
Hey man .. these things affect us all ... but if they tested for each and every potential issue (which would be great inf it were POSSIBLE), they'd give us a new release once every five years! This company has been pretty great about giving us some the most powerful tools available for us to make our livings from. Be cool .. it'll get there ... always does.
Peace,
We are dealing with bugs in this release that seem hard to have missed.
They are not things you have to anything more than open the APP to see.

A new releases every 5 years would be better than having to stop using your tablet because rolling back is a thing of the past thanks to Apple.

When this is resolved the only thing that will make me update will be required compatibility.
I have no interest in new features if it leads to not having the APP to use with my controllers.

With the new changes made by Apple for iOS backups, it should now be required that the App Store retains the last 2 versions of a APP to protect against this type of scenario while giving the vendor time to fix issues after release.

I think the inability to properly restore iOS devices makes the problem bigger than it needs to be.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI View Post
They are not things you have to anything more than open the APP to see.

A new releases every 5 years would be better than having to stop using your tablet because rolling back is a thing of the past thanks to Apple.

When this is resolved the only thing that will make me update will be required compatibility.
I have no interest in new features if it leads to not having the APP to use with my controllers.

With the new changes made by Apple for iOS backups, it should now be required that the App Store retains the last 2 versions of a APP to protect against this type of scenario while giving the vendor time to fix issues after release.

I think the inability to properly restore iOS devices makes the problem bigger than it needs to be.
I'm pretty sure the majority would disagree with this. There was one bug (dynamic softkey names not always refreshing) and this only affects some people.

Here's what you would be missing if you hadn't updated in 4 years:
4 years of updates

FYI: 22.12.1 went to beta yesterday so hopefully we can release this week.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I'm pretty sure the majority would disagree with this. There was one bug (dynamic softkey names not always refreshing) and this only affects some people.

Here's what you would be missing if you hadn't updated in 4 years:
4 years of updates

FYI: 22.12.1 went to beta yesterday so hopefully we can release this week.
I think we are about to be let down by this release.
There was a lot more issues reported that seems are being side stepped if that was all you found.
I guess those issues will persist.

Also you wouldn't be missing the years of updates they would have simply been delivered in a different timeframe.
Which would probably offer a higher level of reliability.

Looks like my tablet will remain disconnected, I guess I will become less dependent on it and eventually get use to not having it.

Have a nice one.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:16 AM
Avid

Quote:
I think we are about to be let down by this release.
There was a lot more issues reported that seems are being side stepped if that was all you found.
I guess those issues will persist.

Also you wouldn't be missing the years of updates they would have simply been delivered in a different timeframe.
Which would probably offer a higher level of reliability.

Looks like my tablet will remain disconnected, I guess I will become less dependent on it and eventually get use to not having it.

Have a nice one.
Can you please help and list all these other issues? (The unsupported Mojave issue that has a workaround doesn't count) Again, it's obviously up to you, but thousands of others would disagree.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:45 PM

That Fixed it. Thank you.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 03-03-2023, 12:43 AM

Quote:
They are not things you have to anything more than open the APP to see

I would totally agree . I wish I could simply revert back to an older version on the iPad that would resolve the problem in 2 secs! But as its been pointed out not so easily done
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com