Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2003, 05:07 PM

Default Where is my MP3 Export S/N?

Some time ago I bought the MP3 export option from the Digi Store. I happily used it until recently when I reformatted my HD. I reinstalled the file, but it is asking for my serial number. For the life of me I can't find it.

Does Digi send that SN as an email? If so, can anyone tell me who the email would be from so I can search for it (digidesign.com didn't turn up anything in my email client.) As a last resort, can anyone tell me how I make the newly installed PTLE recognize my old file without asking for the SN? Is there some prefs file? I still have the old HD image backed up.

If all else fails, Digi, will you be able to send me the SN if I fax you a copy of my credit card statement with the purchase on it?

G4 1.25DP/FW800/1.25GB/OS X 10.3.5/Digi 001/LE 6.4
Old 03-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Where is my MP3 Export S/N?

Check your email, I just sent you a copy of your receipt. You probably didn't receive the original because of the email address you used when you ordered. I took a flyer at a couple of alternative email addresses and used those to send it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

P. S. If you don't get it, email the DigiStore at the address here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/help.html
Old 03-23-2003, 05:47 PM

OK, maybe I just got lucky, but Digi deserves a gold medal for customer service on this one:

Not 10 minutes after I started this thread I received an email from Bruce Paine, Web Administration, Digidesign Customer Service. The email is, in part, below.

---------------------
Hi Daniel,

Saw your DUC post, and here is your MP3 Option serial number:

[I removed this for obvious reasons]

If you need to reinstall the softwarem, you don't need to go back through the store to download your MP3 Export or MP3 Option software, once you have purchased it.

Owners of MP3 Export or MP3 Option can download backup or update files from the following location in the main website Support Downloads section.:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/mp3.html

These download files also include installation instructions and the manual. The first time you do an export (bounce to disk) of MP3 audio in Pro Tools, it will prompt you for the serial number/authorization code that you purchased for
either MP3 Export or MP3 Option:

[removed]

(this is the serial number/authorization code from your original receipt, copied
below)

Make sure you download the correct file for your system that you are using now, and correct update if you need it in the future....
------------------

He then pasted my original digistore confirmation email from April 10, 2001. Is this guy a machine or what??? What's he doing working on Sunday night? Incredible! Thanks, sooooo much, Bruce!!

G4 1.25DP/FW800/1.25GB/OS X 10.3.5/Digi 001/LE 6.4
Old 03-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Administrator

da nada. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
(it's not like I have to give my full and undivided attention to watching the oscars)
Old 03-30-2003, 11:49 AM

Me to! I can't find my email reciept anywhere. Can I go online to the store to get this record.? Or is that something the Digi admin can do for me.

Earl
[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by earlbw:
Me to! I can't find my email reciept anywhere. Can I go online to the store to get this record.?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, not possible currently with the DigiStore, but we do hope to make that available in the future.
Quote:
Or is that something the Digi admin can do for me.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sure, but we'll need you to send an email to the DigiStore (see Website Help link in the DUC header) with as many details as possible about your order. (name, address, email address at the time of purchase, approximate date of purchase)
I did do a search based on your DUC email address and didn't find any orders.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:07 AM

Thanks for the tip. I purchased the mp3 option with my [email protected]. email address. I'll contact the web store.

Thanks
E.