Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2004, 06:01 AM

Default Bounce to Disk at half speed?

Is there any way to bounce to disk at half speed playback? I have many cassettes to filter. All are court proceedings and are recorded at double speed. I can digitize them that way and hear the results of my processing by "shift-spacebar" half speed playback, but I need the filtered result on CD, so I need to "bounce to disk" at half speed playback. Is this possible or should I just post this on the wishlist for digi?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-29-2004, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Bounce to Disk at half speed?

I'm pretty sure you could just half speed record it to another track. Just use busses to route it to another track and throw the command key in to your keystroke (command+shift+spacebar) and the new track should record at half speed. Let me know if that works. . . .
Eric
Old 07-29-2004, 07:21 AM

In the above post, the Half speed record will again play back the original double speed when playback is normal.

Lay it off to another recorder during your half speed play back will be closest if you have been eq'ing at the slow speed.
or
Pitch n Time the files although the results may not be as accurate as the 1st method.

To stay in the box I've used other audio apps like DP4 or Amadeus II with a MOTU 896 (core audio) to record odd speeds and mouse scrubbing from protools. (Analog I/O's)
Sound Flower (Cycling 74) inter audio streamer may work (again between two apps as described above)
or:
Changing the sample rate (without conversion) by half will work as well. Amadeus II will do this.
88.2 to 44.1 ? without re-sampling. = half speed/pitch

The Amadeus II way is non-real-time and fast.
Just bounce you files to 88.2K open in Amadeus. click at the bottom of the file were it showes the sample rate, put in 44100 and select the do not re sample check box.
From there you could add the new files to your burning app and be done with it.

BTW Amadeus II is $30.00
Amadeus site
Old 07-29-2004, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Is there any way to bounce to disk at half speed playback? I have many cassettes to filter. All are court proceedings and are recorded at double speed. I can digitize them that way and hear the results of my processing by "shift-spacebar" half speed playback, but I need the filtered result on CD, so I need to "bounce to disk" at half speed playback. Is this possible or should I just post this on the wishlist for digi?
Thanks,
Steve
Why not just pitch down/time expand the track? Just open up the Digidesign Pitch audiosuite plugin, set the ratio to .5:1, turn off time correction (so that lowering the pitch will double the length -- like slowing down a tape machine) and click process. It will process faster than real time. Then bounce that to disk.