Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 Session in PT 12.5 and beyond

I have been recording tracks in Pro tools 10….My question is, when I am done,and say the recording studio is using PT12 or beyond….Is it safe to say that as long as I have Audio Files of all recorded Instruments,voices et all….That even though the Midi files are from a PT10 session…..that the recording Engineer will be able to produce a CD from these sessions?…..I hope what I am asking is clear to all…….as a safe guard…I have made sure that all midi tracks have been copied as Audio tracks also…to be edited etc…Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Session in PT 12.5 and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff j View Post
I have been recording tracks in Pro tools 10….My question is, when I am done,and say the recording studio is using PT12 or beyond….Is it safe to say that as long as I have Audio Files of all recorded Instruments,voices et all….That even though the Midi files are from a PT10 session…..that the recording Engineer will be able to produce a CD from these sessions?…..I hope what I am asking is clear to all…….as a safe guard…I have made sure that all midi tracks have been copied as Audio tracks also…to be edited etc…Thanks
Yes print all the MIDI parts to audio in case they don't have the same instruments, and print any effects that are really important to keep, in case they have different plugins. PT10 sessions open up fine in 12.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the reply…..I am self taught,so bear with me….when you say "Print"….do you mean create a separate track…the reason I ask is that I have heard that there are someways that don't work…..Does it have to be on a Aux Track or a specific type of track?…..Hope that makes sense…..If you describe the type of track that would help…..also does that mean the effects would be saved also.if it was an Aux track?….

Jeff
Old 06-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff j View Post
Thanks for the reply…..I am self taught,so bear with me….when you say "Print"….do you mean create a separate track…the reason I ask is that I have heard that there are someways that don't work…..Does it have to be on a Aux Track or a specific type of track?…..Hope that makes sense…..If you describe the type of track that would help…..also does that mean the effects would be saved also.if it was an Aux track?….

Jeff
Bus your virtual instrument track to an audio track and record it(and import back into the session). Once its recorded, you may need to nudge it slightly so that its in perfect alignment with the original instrument track. Then Hide and Make Inactive the original.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave