Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2009, 03:36 PM

Default beat detective and tempo

All,
I'm using a Digi002, PTLE8, with a MacPro (Intel). I have a session with 9 audio tracks and 2 instrument tracks. One of those instrument tracks is assigned to the plugin, DrumcoreFree. I used beat detective to pocket my bass and rhythm guitar tracks to the loop and when I did that, it changed my bpm from 130 to all kinds of different numbers. I went into the Tempo header and deleted all the tempo changes, but when I try to pull in another loop, it snaps to the different number tempo, not the 130bpm. Perhaps I'm an idiot as I'm just getting to know Beat Detective, but I was really excited about laying down this new song and BAM!, can't get a midi tambourine in there for the rhythmic emphasis I hear. I know in LE, Beat Detective can only be assigned to one track at a time unless you have some bundle that allows it and I'm sure there's a way around this, I just don't seem to be able to find anything in this forum about it.

Here's another weird thing I noticed: The midi instrument I created is now twice as long as the audio tracks. It's like I stretched it to be twice as long as the song, so my piano part no longer matches up. I don't recall doing anything to change that, but any ideas you might have would help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 AM

Default Re: beat detective and tempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsimons View Post

Here's another weird thing I noticed: The midi instrument I created is now twice as long as the audio tracks. It's like I stretched it to be twice as long as the song, so my piano part no longer matches up. I don't recall doing anything to change that, but any ideas you might have would help.

Kevin
The Re-sizing tool can be used to time stretch MIDI parts/regions (as to speak) as well as Audio. Perhaps this was done by accident. Just reverse the process using the resizer as a time compression/expansion tool and return the MIDI part to its original size.

A