Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 PM

Default So here\'s what I\'ve decided to do.......

In my last post I said goodbye to digi,but after doing more research on protools,I've decided to go to school to be certified in protools & icon operator.I've been watching Method one & all the videos on youtube & digitv all the time.
I'm such a wiz at cubase & nuendo that I became frustrated with PTle.But there's more to these apps than what we(I) know, so I went to guitar center & got the protools 101 book & holy [bleep] I didn't know PT was really so simple to use.I'ts all about teaching yourself or going to school
I still don't like the way it takes up so much resources in your computer,& the cost of HD is to high.But I guess when you become a certified user you'll make the money to get HD.
I recommend that everyone buy's books & dvd's on protools or any other app that you use.Cause I've learned so much in about a week & I've had PTle for about 3 years.
Mira costa college here in oceanside california has a digidesign certified training facility,but I never knew that.Right here in my home town!:)
So digi.....I'm here to stay & for the past week I've worked in only PT......but....Transfuser still won't show up in my instrument list & my digi 002r is still buggy,but I'll try to work around it like I've been.Time to study my ass off digi,& thanks for the accelerated videos...................hummmm is Ms sherry klein married?oxox
Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 AM

Default Re: So here\'s what I\'ve decided to do.......

That's all well and good, but...

I'll tell you this. Getting Pro Tools certifications may help open a door or two, but it's certainly not a guarantee for a high paid, glamorous career in the recording industry.
Knowing Pro Tools, and having EXPERIENCE working in a studio environment is of more significance than being Pro Tools certified.
The kind of person you are, how easy you are to work with, and how helpful your experienced suggestions to a client are, holds a lot more weight than a piece of paper that says you passed some tests.

But, I guess having all that AND a certification stacks the deck (to some degree).
Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Space Cabin Audio

EJ, you forgot how well you make coffee, and can you order anything other than Pizza?

Kris
May the music move you
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Most professionals could use what ever they want, for many different reasons most choose Pro Tools.

Time spent learning PT is not time wasted.

Knowing some of the other platforms, Cubase , Logic, Nuendo etc only adds to your value.

Who you know and who you have worked with is probably more important than a certification buts the certification is certainly not going to hurt you and you may make some good connections while taking the courses.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88