Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Default Disabling Pro Tools Aggregate I/O as default

In the middle of a session, an alert reading ''Pro Tools could not initialize the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly.'' appeared on screen. A quick Google search led me to this:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en381131

So upon startup I held down 'n' and chose Pro Tools Aggregate I/O in order to get back to my session. However, this reformatted my entire I/O and I can't get back to my initial set-up. It will recognize my 003, but I am also using a Focusrite OctoPre connected through ADAT that will no longer be detected. All of the physical connections are fine, as this happened in the middle of editing and nothing was being tinkered with physically.

Also, in my Mac System Preferences, under Audio preferences, Pro Tools Aggregate I/O has appeared and it has been suggested in another forum that I delete that, but I don't seem to be able to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am supposed to be recording a band RIGHT NOW!

Cheers.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Disabling Pro Tools Aggregate I/O as default

hey man did you find any luck. i have a similar problem. i have the rosetta 200 connected to the 003 via spdif . i am using the liquid channel and i cannot figure out how to get the digital signal from the LC into protools 9.0.6. any tips man? how can i record digital audio that is converted before i get to the 003?