Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM

Default import session data creating unwanted trim automation

Title says it all.

Sometimes when I import session data from a source session that has ZERO automation and NO channels with trim enabled, I'm getting trim automation out of nowhere in the destination session. I can manually delete the breakpoints but it's a real annoyance during tracking sessions.

I need to be able to import "volume settings and automation" in order to bring in multiple cue mixes to the next song.

It will work fine for several sessions and then out of nowhere it starts doing this again.

PTHD 10.3.6
OSX 10.7.3
Dcommand

Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 11-27-2013, 02:51 PM

Default Re: import session data creating unwanted trim automation

I'm getting this too, but worse... EVERY parameter gets imported with an automation breakpoint at the same spot (mins:sec 59:33:866). This automation is not present in the original session that I am importing from.

So every send, mute, pan... has an automation breakpoint at that location. Any way to avoid this? To just import the session with the automation already present in it like the OP?

Mac PT 10.3.7 native
OS X 10.7.5

Cheers, Dan