Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 11:34 AM

Default Recording Midi as actual Audio Tracks? HELP!

I have a tone moduale routed to a mixer and I'm having no trouble recording or hearing the midi tracks. How do I make them into an actual audio track to burn to a CD? I'm just a brick short of a full load here......Mark
Old 05-12-2001, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Recording Midi as actual Audio Tracks? HELP!

Greetings,
You know what? If you're "recording and hearing" the Midi tracks OK, they should come out on the CD fine. I was having the same problem earlier until someone told me to go in my computer's Control Panel, find 'Sound and Audio', and set it to 'ProTools Digi 001'. Now, both Midi AND Audio tracks come through to the CD burner like a champ.
Also, I was told recently to (just before hitting 'Bounce to Disc') highlight the full song exactly from start point to end point. That way, there's no unnecessary space at the beginning or at the end when you hear it on the CD.
And one more thing. You CAN record your Midi track using the best sound your Module will allow, quantize or anything else to perfect it. THEN record THAT onto a new Audio track, erase the Midi track, and you have a perfect Audio track with which you can use PlugIns(you can't use PlugIns w/ Midi tracks).
I hope I didn't misjudge your question too badly and you can use some of this.
Good luck, my friend, Roy

p.s.Remember, you have to create at least one Auxilary track to hear both Midi and Audio tracks together.

[This message has been edited by Roy Howell (edited May 12, 2001).]
Old 05-13-2001, 12:53 AM

if i understand your question, you don't have your sound modules routed into the digi001.

route your sound modules into the digi001 and put them onto aux tracks, they will be picked up when you bounce. or you can record each midi instrument individually as an audio track. or you can submix all your sound modules down to a few or even one aux track or audio track from your mixer to the digi001. bounce, stir, serve chilled.......
Old 05-13-2001, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to get the midi to record directly to its own stereo audio track and burn to a CD. I was not able to get the AUX stereo track to burn. I'm routing the outputs of a Kurzweil into a Mackie 1604. I can hear them fine. I then route them back into the 001 with the ALT. OUT button on the Mackie, into inputs 3 and 4 on the 001. I create the stereo aux tracks and the inputs are 3/4 from the 001. I can hear them at this point but a bounce doesn't include any midi tracks. I did select the Digi001 in the computer control under sound as well. I am missing anything else to use the aux to bounce down? Thanks again for the help! Mark
Old 05-14-2001, 10:48 AM

Check to see that you have the Low Latency Monitoring off.

------------------
Darren Valen
http://www.cyberdreamstudios.com