How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Midi Input Port 'None'

Jeff,

Thanks, but I'm stuck. I never had midi ports in 7.4 to begin with. Plus, as the install and PT8 works on my desktop system (running Vista even) with midi ports appearing and selectable there, I think it must likely be an issue related to the hardware/config of the laptop itself.

It records great, but as I am primarily a guitar/bass player, I opted to get a Carvin SH575 with a midi capable system. I've recorded using it via USB with this laptops in ableton live 7 and hearing it control vst/external synths real time is soo much faster than writing on a keyboard and it tracks note dynamics/nuances as I play them and hear them via the synth.

Hopefully I'll find a fix.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 AM

No ports show up in device manager
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Sledgeworks.

No. No ports show up in device manager when using the laptop.

It loads fine on my desktop, which I don't use for music (family) but not the laptop.

GT
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM

Same problem... Vista, PT 8.0, 003rack.

I noticed no new replies for a few days... is there a fix or a work around available? The odd thing is that the MIDI worked for me the first day I installed. Then it stopped. What I did in between was install the ignition pack 2 plug-ins, including Amplitube LE which I installed/uninstalled a half-dozen times without success (it gives DAE error -7401 instead of the registration wizard), and including some PACE driver upgrades...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM

No new replies. Unfortunately.

I didn't run mine before I installed amplitude if my memory is correct.

Although, I know the midi of PT8 works on the family quad core.

Amplitude doesn't work for me either and gives the same message.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Avid

Can you post your Sandra report, including specifying which troubleshooting steps you've done, exactly?

I made a mistake about saying that the 002/003 should show up twice in Device Manager - in fact, you should only see one listing.

In MIDI Studio setup, do you see the 002/003 ports available for input or output?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Ok. I'll get the Sandra report.

But, the midi ports do not show up under the ports available for input/output.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

did you choose to install the midi I/O driver when you upgraded? i was having the same problem (macbook pro, 002, LE 8), and in a troubleshooting spree i went back and reinstalled the midi I/O driver and it fixed everything right up. hunky dory.

before doing this, software instruments would respond to my midi controller, but no input or output ports were available to me in the I/O section of midi tracks.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:10 PM

I believe I did at one point try to reinstall the midi i/o driver separately, although I think it is automatic with LE 8 as my desktop had no problem with just running the update and no choice. But, I'll consider trying again. I upgraded via internet download.

Do you have the file name and midi i/o driver version number that worked?

I'm running Sandra now.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikseven View Post
did you choose to install the midi I/O driver when you upgraded? i was having the same problem (macbook pro, 002, LE 8), and in a troubleshooting spree i went back and reinstalled the midi I/O driver and it fixed everything right up. hunky dory.

before doing this, software instruments would respond to my midi controller, but no input or output ports were available to me in the I/O section of midi tracks.
That would be only coincidental, as the MIDI IO driver is just for our hardware MIDI IO and not for any other device.