Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2009, 01:11 PM

Default Meters vs. Waveform Height Weirdness

Hey all.

Wondering if anyone has seen this before and had any insight that I missed.

I'm having an issue w/ my waveform height/size not matching the levels on my meters. This seems to be separate and aside from the usual where in just adjusting the track height seems to get it kosher. Let me explain further:

I have nice solid level on the meters (@ -3, -6db etc) but the waveform being drawn appears to be TINY. As if it was @ -30db. When I raise the height its clearly way too big and off, resulting in the opposite effect. Whats even more strange is that tracks being recorded new seem to differ from older tracks. ie-I could record 4 synth tracks all around the same basic level on the meters (say -6db) and 2 tracks will look as if they are SLAMMED and peaking, and the others will look SUPER quiet (only speaking about the height here)

Bottom line is there seems to be no consistency to the relationship to the waveform height and the level on the meters anymore. Has anyone seen this?
I've been running PT8 for 4+ months now and its been fine. I have no idea what it is but it def feels like it relates back to my last post re: prefs getting jumbled
Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Meters vs. Waveform Height Weirdness

Press Option-A

This will reset your waveform heights and zoom you all the way out of the session.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM

um.....?
Awsome. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM

I have seen this lately too, and option-A does NOT fix it. Only closing and reopening the file fixes it.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:22 PM

also scrolling the view all up aud down to maximum level resets the waveform level
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Did you tried double clicking on the magnifying glass tool? That resets all the waveforms size.

I have the same problem with PT8. It seems like it defaults to a tiny waveform size although I don't know why the hell would you need it like that . Very annoying.