Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Weird graphics problem on mixer window

The mixer window gets progressively more and more distorted with vertical lines that are clearly sometype of ghosting or something. It makes portions of the window unreadable. It always starts on the left side of the screen. Adding sends and plugins only makes it worse.

Anyone else?

Dual 2.5 G5
1.5 Gig RAM
7.1cs10
HD3
2 192 I/Os
D-command

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-14-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Weird graphics problem on mixer window

I had a bizarre display about a week ago.
On one track that I was trying to apply AS to, all of a sudden displayed all the regions of the session in the track.
I have a couple of screen shots for anyone interested.
PT7.2cs1
Old 11-15-2006, 10:14 AM

I've seen a weird redraw issue on one rig where the top 25% of the waveform will offset to the left - it'll affect all the regions on a track. I also have a screenshot.

PT 7.2cs1, 2.7MHz G5, 3.5G ram, 2x192, expansion chassis HD, 1 core card, 2x accel
Old 11-15-2006, 02:12 PM

One thing I have noticed is that it happened this time on a sessin that was brought to me for mixing which was started on an M-audio (PC) rig. Could be an anomoly from migration from PC (M powered PT) to Mac HD. Maybe an RTAS issue?

Is it possible that there could be some corruption somewhere that causes these things?

mike
Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Did you find the solution to this problem? I am having the exact experience with the ghosting vertical lines and breaking up of the mix window you referred to in your post
"Weird graphics problem on mixer window."
Old 08-15-2008, 12:15 AM

I narrowed it down to sessions that were coming from clients who had LE rigs at home. I do mostly mixing (HD3 rig) and I get a lot of material from LE sources. Almost across the board, sessions that come from LE still to this day give me these problems. Very frustrating. I tried everything from importing everything into a new session to save a copy as and nothing helps. I just gave up thinking that I was alone on this. I would love to figure it out. Maybe it has something to do with the display card??

Please let me know if you find out the problem.

Mike

Dual 2.7Ghz PPC
OSX 10.4.9
PT 7.4 (latest cs update)
HD3 cards in the mac
Old 08-15-2008, 12:17 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention this...

Closing the mixer window and then opening it again will get rid of the graphics display problem, but as soon as you scroll left or right, the lines start to appear again as if it were a virus that got worse and worse.

Mike
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Mix window

Mike,

Thank you for responding. I am having the exact same issues, even the scrolling back and forth. I posted the question on the General Discussion Forum and two gentlemen albee1952 and 77pro suggested I try; " trash preferences,reseat the video card, try a different cable to the monitor(cheap VGA cables can screw with the signal) If you have an extension on your VGA cable, remove it for testing
Seriously, this sounds to me like a video problem and not a protools problem but you never know.....
"

Mike, have you tried any of the things mentioned above? I think between the help/suggestions from the serious heavy weights on here, and the two of us, we can narrow this problem down and get our mix windows back.

JAH
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
HD2 Accel
96 I/O
Version 6.9.2
Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Mike,

Great news! I re-seated the video card as was suggested by albee and pro and the ghost has left the machine! I hope your issue will be solved by re-seating the video card as well!

ProTools HD2 Accel Version 6.9.2
96I/O
Dual 2 GHz G5
Radeon 9600Pro
Old 08-16-2008, 01:37 AM

I'll try reseating the video card. It still baffles me and defies logic that the mixer window is perfect when sessions are HD from the start, and only messes up when sessions come to me that started out as LE sessions. But hey, whatever works. I will definitely try everything you mentioned.

Thanks!!

Mike