Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 10:57 AM

Default what does the wavedriver do exactly.

ok well i finally was able to get my digi 001 and pro tools le 5.3.1 to start work corectly with no error on my xp system after a few weeks of extreme frustration so a got brave and tried to load on the wavedriver as well. of course much to my dismay it completely screwed up my system yet again. my system kept freezing and i recieved a dae error 4 message. my question is what exaclty is this driver needed for. it says it is so other programs can use the channel 1-2 of the digi001. but i dont quite understand that. i want to get wavelab 4.0 and also hook up a yamaha 01v as a control service. will i need to eventually get this wavedriver to start working if i what to do these two things. if so any advice as to what i can do. i turned off system sounds. i have the digi001 running of off irq 10(i know it is better on 9 but for my system i get it on 9) and the only thing that is on irq 10 is my computers factory sound card. give me some help
Old 09-09-2002, 11:09 AM

Default Re: what does the wavedriver do exactly.

i suggest you disable the internal soundcard from the bios, or atleast make sure the digi001 is on a different irq. The digi001 does NOT like it to share an irq...

Bastiaan
Old 09-09-2002, 11:18 AM

the problem is i can only put the digi 001 on irq 9 10 or 11 and it will always be on an irq with something else either the graphics card the network card or the sound card and i have only had succes if i out it on an irq with the sound card. i will try to disable it through the bios. and see i disable the factory sound card in the device manager but that didnt help. it just caused more problems
Old 09-09-2002, 01:22 PM

Hi gregoryb_
Try it this way.
Go to device manager and remove all involved with your onboard soundcard first. Then reboot, enter BIOS setup and disable the onboard sound device.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:30 PM

On VIA-website they even recommend to first disable onboard sound in BIOS before installing the OS when intending to use a sound card.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:35 PM

To avoid these types of problems, I set up two seperate hardware profiles. In the one that I use protools with, I disable both the internal sound card and the network card. In the other normal set up I disable the protools card, works like a dream in both situations, except for having to reboot to use the other configuration
Old 09-09-2002, 07:08 PM

how do i setup two harware profiles. i have tried to disable both the network card and the sound card through the bios setup and and through the device manager and neither have worked. right now i am just trying to get my digi 001 to work with out the wavedriver. when i loaded it on it screwwed my whole setup up and i cant get it back. i did a clean install of xp but when i go to load back on pro tools le my system freezes half wayu through instalation and i cant get anywhere ans it wont let my install protools when i reboot the computer so i have to reload xp again. i have done this about 5 time in the last day or so. and i am about to throw this computer out the window
Old 09-12-2002, 02:03 AM

Man that sucks. Stick in there. I just had a freind load XP Pro on my machine and everything worked perfect until he left. On his way out the door he said "Man that was easy" and jinxed the whole thing.

I closed out of PTLE, loaded some of the songs onto the hard drive, opened PT and BLAM! DAE error 4. So I put my sessions on my C drive and everything was cool. Then I opened my sessions from within PTLE and transferred the sessions within the 'open session' dialog, and everything was cool except for one random 9094. Basically what I'm saying is that I have no friggin clue what causes error 4, but I thought that I would bump this thread because I would like to know.

One more thing, I haven't loaded the Wavedriver yet. I need it, but because of your thread I'm afraid to. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by APAULOS:
but because of your thread I'm afraid to. Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi-
I was hesitant too, but I bit the bullet and it went smoothly and has worked well for a month.
Good luck-
Old 09-13-2002, 12:39 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence J.