Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2024, 10:30 AM

Default Eucon won't show up the second iPad

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you for the support you offer to those who choose to use Avid products. Many times I have found help here without having to sign up but now I can't find the answers.

The problem: I have three Avid S1, two iPads and one android tablets. I can't connect the two iPads together. the iPad that is connected first works while the other iPad doesn't.While andoid continues to work all the time. I have eucon and the apps updated to the latest version.
this gonna make me crazy
Thanks!
Old 01-23-2024, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Eucon won't show up the second iPad

Only two tablets will work (one main, one remote mode) if you don't have an S1.
Shut off your Android tablet if you want the second iPad to work.

If you have an S1 (or multiple), link the tablets to the S1 (drag them on top of the S1 from the left column to the right column; you can't do it from the right column only. It has to be done when adding the surface.)

The maximum tablets you can have is the number of S1 surfaces you have +2 (one main, one master.) You can't have just 3 tablets.
(When I say "tablets" I mean anything running the Avid Control app including phones)
Old 01-23-2024, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Only two tablets will work (one main, one remote mode) if you don't have an S1.
Shut off your Android tablet if you want the second iPad to work.

If you have an S1 (or multiple), link the tablets to the S1 (drag them on top of the S1 from the left column to the right column; you can't do it from the right column only. It has to be done when adding the surface.)

The maximum tablets you can have is the number of S1 surfaces you have +2 (one main, one master.) You can't have just 3 tablets.
(When I say "tablets" I mean anything running the Avid Control app including phones)
Thanks for the reply!!

If I shut off the android tablet one of the two iPads don’t show in the left column. They are connected on the same WiFi network
If I connect only one iPad (the air or the pro) it show in eucon as “available”
Old 01-23-2024, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paglia View Post
Thanks for the reply!!

If I shut off the android tablet one of the two iPads don’t show in the left column. They are connected on the same WiFi network
If I connect only one iPad (the air or the pro) it show in eucon as “available”
Restart your wifi (the access point) and make sure you iPads are both set to DHCP in their network settings for wifi (the default). If one or the other shows up in the "available" but not both at the same time, that's a networking issue -- most likely both trying to use the same IP address. The "add" to the My Surfaces right column is where the 2 tablet limitation happens. Everything should should show up in the left column of "All Surfaces."

(also reboot your iPads just to have a clean starting point for opening Avid Control on them)
Old 01-24-2024, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Restart your wifi (the access point) and make sure you iPads are both set to DHCP in their network settings for wifi (the default). If one or the other shows up in the "available" but not both at the same time, that's a networking issue -- most likely both trying to use the same IP address. The "add" to the My Surfaces right column is where the 2 tablet limitation happens. Everything should should show up in the left column of "All Surfaces."

(also reboot your iPads just to have a clean starting point for opening Avid Control on them)
I tried many times but the problem remains. Very frustrating
Thanks for your suggestion 🙏
Old 01-24-2024, 02:33 PM
Avid

Can you post a pic of your Surfaces tab in EuControl Settings?
Old 01-25-2024, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Haworth View Post
Can you post a pic of your Surfaces tab in EuControl Settings?
Here two pics with iPad + Android linked to the S1 an the second pic show what happen when I try to connect the the iPad Pro as a master controller.

Thanks for your help!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eucon iPad + Android.jpg (29.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Eucon iPad + Android + iPad Pro.jpg (29.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2024, 01:13 AM

Take them all out of My Surfaces.
For the ones that appear in All Surfaces, one by one, highilght the device and select Show Info. Write down the IP address. For the one that doesn't show, turn off the other iPad, turn that missing iPad on and then get the same info.

List all that here: Tablet : IP address
Old 01-25-2024, 04:20 AM

Quote:
For the ones that appear in All Surfaces, one by one, highilght the device and select Show Info. Write down the IP address. For the one that doesn't show, turn off the other iPad, turn that missing iPad on and then get the same info.

Here the tablet IP list connected one by one
iPad Air : 192.168.0.106:56241
iPad Pro : 192.168.0.103:56546
Android : 192.268.0.107:56995
Old 01-25-2024, 04:22 AM

Quote:

also tried to change the name of the device with no luck