Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2013, 07:34 AM

Default Downloading Pro tools 11 from Avid

Greetings...I just purchased Pro Tools 11....to my amazement I now have to download the very thing that i just paid for....Well they didn't tell me that when i paid for it, but i'll go along with it....so i started the download and then decided that my download speed was too slow ...i then disconnected my computer and retried on another...that is when i got this message...

We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once.

If you have previously used this code to activate your product, please check your account for your downloads and codes.

If this is the first time you've used this code and it shows as already used, please contact customer support. ...

Ok....no worries...AVID product support will surely help me now? right?

you would think so....no go, i can't even contact them....what a f&^%*&G joke......so here i am asking kindly for your help....where do i go from here?....many thanks.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Downloading Pro tools 11 from Avid

Just go into your Avid account and you'll have a list of all your available downloads. PT11.01 will be there. Download away!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymandude1 View Post
Greetings...I just purchased Pro Tools 11....to my amazement I now have to download the very thing that i just paid for....Well they didn't tell me that when i paid for it, but i'll go along with it....so i started the download and then decided that my download speed was too slow ...i then disconnected my computer and retried on another...that is when i got this message...

We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once.

If you have previously used this code to activate your product, please check your account for your downloads and codes.

If this is the first time you've used this code and it shows as already used, please contact customer support. ...

Ok....no worries...AVID product support will surely help me now? right?

you would think so....no go, i can't even contact them....what a f&^%*&G joke......so here i am asking kindly for your help....where do i go from here?....many thanks.

Really don't understand your issue with buying a Software and beeing surprised that it is a Download version seeing that this has been talked about everywhere you read about PT11.

Anyway, if you download the version 11.0.1 of PT11 and install you should be able to register the downloaded version on the Avid Master Account that you need. Also, you need an ILOK 2 second generation if you didn't have one before as the "keyshaped iLok1 Greenish Coloured" will NOT work with PT11 going forward so that is important to know.

How far have you come in the installation process? Have you downloaded the full installer and are you on a Mac or PC?

Read the http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050 Before posting as nobody will be able to help you with no information about your system.

Regarding the "download of PT11" you can redownload the version as many times as you want and the activation code has nothing to do with the download of the DAW installer. You also need to download the 2.6-2.6 GB AIR Instrument Installer with all the VI's and PI's and same there. You can download several times as it has nothing to do with activations etc.

All the above is ofcourse only if you PURCHASED PT11 and if you are downloading the Demo version then yes, only ONE download/iLok2 but you say you just Purchased PT11 so I guess this demo installation is not any concern to you.

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 08-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 AM

thank you very much for your help...I am now on my way again.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM

Thank you for your help and advice, it is much appreciated.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 AM

No worries

Hope you get up and running quickly and don't have any more issues.
Just post back if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Best Wishes
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————