Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 12:22 AM

Default 192 input trims coming back in from analog

Hi

I have just added a small Calrec console to my setup. I am having a few problems with calibration and was wondering how you guys deal with this...

I have discovered from my own slightly confused experiences and a search on the DUC that the 192 trimrange is limited to -15. I was hoping to go justr a little hotter than that, but still its not a total nightmare or anything. The problem I can forsee now, is that, when I want to stick a stereo mix back into pt, Its going to be one of two things...quiet, or quite heavily boosted. If I totally pin the master meters on the console, I can get a good level back in, but I'm going to have to boost rather a lot. Is this a good idea? Should I just record it back in then gain change the file? Presumably it would be better to just do that on the desk anyway. Advice guys?
Jack