Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 AM

Default iDrum users out there. Help!

My wife was at the Apple store the other day getting her mail set up by one of the mac guys. She saw iDrums on the shelf and decided to buy it for me. She shipped it to me in Europe here and I have installed it, but can't (by going off the directions) input it into protools and record a simple drum beat. Protools sees it as a plug-in, but is anyone pretty familiar with this software, recorded with it on protools and is willing to walk me through inputing it and recording? I'd appreciate it alot.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 AM

Default Re: iDrum users out there. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslaten View Post
My wife was at the Apple store the other day getting her mail set up by one of the mac guys. She saw iDrums on the shelf and decided to buy it for me. She shipped it to me in Europe here and I have installed it, but can't (by going off the directions) input it into protools and record a simple drum beat. Protools sees it as a plug-in, but is anyone pretty familiar with this software, recorded with it on protools and is willing to walk me through inputing it and recording? I'd appreciate it alot.
Hi,

It works in 2 ways!

1. stand alone sample playback. just route your midi channel into idrum and you can play the drum samples from a keyboard/drum pads etc. this way you must click off the little button under tempo for slave to host.

2. you can play and programme your own drum patterns within idrum and sync that to the pro tools transport.

If you insert it as a plugin! do you hear the beats playing if you press the big arrow next to the red spot?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 AM

I'm getting the samples down and doing some of my own. I use the idrums plug-in and I can hear it through the input in prottols. But when I go to record the waves don't appear and nothing is getting recorded. How do you rout it? Instrument, midi? So do I need to save the drum loop first to a midi file that is on the idrums program to my desk top, then drag it into, say track 1 and it will save there? I'm completely lost as you can see. Thanks for the response btw.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 AM

also, you mentioned "sync to protools. How is that done? I just need a simple step by step for retards. Thanks.