Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Stereo session to Surround...?

Well, if it a bug I've had it with every PTHD system I've installed in this studio since 6.x! I'm currently on 7.3.1.

If I go to IO and create a 'new path' my only options are mono and stereo (new path appears first with a '?' in the field).

Also, I only have 'stereo mixer' in the plugin's folder... And, when creating a new session, the I/O settings box does not give me surround options.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSix View Post
Also, I only have 'stereo mixer' in the plugin's folder... And, when creating a new session, the I/O settings box does not give me surround options.
A ha!!!! Now we are getting somewhere. This is exactly what I was expecting.

The reason you aren't seeing anything wider is the surround plugins weren't copied off the installer disc when you installed protools because you selected the "music only" setting that you mentioned.

I think the quickest and simplest fix is to put the surround plugin back into your plugin folder from your PTHD installer disc/download.

If you can't find it (or it is compressed within the installer) simply run the installer again and select the surround option.

Once you have the surround plugin in your plugins folder, you'll see all of the other available multi-channel selections.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 PM

LOL, nice. I was afraid it'd be that. I was able to find out big TDM box but it dates back to 6.9. idk where the 7.3 disc is. But I'll keep searching I guess... thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookSix View Post
LOL, nice. I was afraid it'd be that. I was able to find out big TDM box but it dates back to 6.9. idk where the 7.3 disc is. But I'll keep searching I guess... thanks
You might be able to download the installer off the Digi site and get the mixer plugin out of that.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:41 AM

It seems strange to me that you don't have the surround mixer plugins in your unused plugin folders -- I've also always chosen stereo-only when installing PT, but I have the surround mixer plugins sitting in the unused plugins folder anyway. If you download the installer, I'm pretty sure a reinstall will solve your problem.