Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Default Couldn't Beat Detective just nuke the crossfades?

So I am beat detecting, and I'm doing it on a rather large area, just because sometimes I get lucky and 90% of it conforms with no problems.

I get to the Separate Region part and then I get the "Selection Must Not Contain Crossfades".

Well, I thought I was careful to get rid of them all, but obviously I missed one.

So why can't the above dialog box say "Selection must not contain crossfades. Would you like me to nuke all the crossfades?"

YES!!
Old 03-22-2009, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Couldn't Beat Detective just nuke the crossfades?

+1

there is a new command "restore last region selection" or something like that.
This will at least give you back your selected area...........provided you don't select another area when getting rid of the crossfade.

I don't know how many times I've been in that situation and it would have saved a lot of time if BD would just erase the offending crossfades.

Perhaps we should add this to the feature requests?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 AM

just use the "delete fades" option from the edit menu and that will remove every fade in your selection.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:08 AM

So I've been doing this for about a week, putting a mix together of a live show, so I've been doing lots of global editing, taking out dead space between songs, shortening/lengthening intros, choruses etc.

The new playlist editing feature is great to have! Thanks again Digi! BUT I just have a couple of wishes:

Since obviously Pro Tools can keep up with all the playlists, please go one step further and make a "Global Edit" mode so that it can all happen while the playlists are not showing. I have to remember (I know, have to use my brain) to put all the tacks in ALL Playlists view, and sometimes it's easy to forget. At least your new feature makes it easy to turn all the playlists back on and line them back up if I dunce and do this. But a global edit mode would be awesome.

It's easier to forget this than you think: You have the tracks you need in Playlist View. Then you start mixing again after the edit, and you forget and put all the tracks in Automation View. Then you get down where you need to edit again, and boom - you forget to put those tracks (or all tracks) back in Playlist view. Again, I know I should just get used to the new work method.

Alternatively, you could make editing like you do automation and hidden tracks. If I'm editing volume automation on tracks that are grouped, Pro Tools will tell me if there are hidden tracks in that group and ask me if I want to apply the volume change to the hidden tracks. Couldn't you make a warning message (THAT could be turned off/on in prefs) telling me that there are playlists, and do I want the edit to affect them?

ALSO: Is there a way to make the playlists a different height than the master track? Probably is, I'll look for it. But if there's not, it would be great to have the playlists in mini mode (until we get global edit mode) so that the playlists don't take up so much room.