How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2012, 01:32 AM

Default 2 quick questions

Hey guys, long time no see.

I am using PT9 on a intel mac i7, 8 GB and a 500 gig SSHD. So far I am very impressed although sometimes pt does seem to hang when i try to start soon after launching OSX, any ideas? Also is there a way to shift, or cut/paste audio regions as well as their respective memory locations? I have tried for a long time now but cant seem to get this to work.

Also is there a way to get a track to auto solo just by clicking on it? IE - un solo every other track

Maybe a basic answer (it would seem)

any replies welcome

many thanks

Lloyd
Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 AM

Default Re: 2 quick questions

Whenever you want locators to be affected by something you do on regions, you have to shift+select the locator's track before cut/paste/.....
For example, let's say you want to delete/cut part of your session (including locators): select the session's portion you wish to delete, Shift-click in the Locator's track and hit delete with Shuffle mode on (or not).

Regarding the solo thing, I'm not sure what you mean. It might be "X-OR" you're looking for which one of the two main solo options (the other one being "Latch"). It's in the Option menu (Solo modes). And to solo a track without touching the solo button, yo ucan use Shift+S (that will solo the track that's currently selected).

Hope that helps.

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks a lot, earlier I did try your solution with the memory locations and I selected them, then cut and pasted it all to somewhere else in the session but nothing happened apart from the audio moved along. I am basically trying to find a way to create space for a new region/ memory location between two existing ones

Thanks again

Lloyd
Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dr38 View Post
cut and pasted it all to somewhere else in the session but nothing happened apart from the audio moved along. I am basically trying to find a way to create space for a new region/ memory location between two existing ones
I guess you meant "copied and pasted"?... If you select the region and [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]+select the locator track (best way to do this is to shift +click the locator track anywhere within the selection) before copying (and pasting), it should have worked.
Now, for what you wanna do, what you can do is create a locator where you want to insert region(s)/locator(s), then select (at the end of the session) an empty space that's equal to the length you wish to add in the session (or directly select regions to later insert, if they're already available). Once the selection is made, shift+click the locator track, cmd+C, now click on the locator you had previously create (see above) and paste under Shuffle mode.
That should insert all of the regions/locators you had copied.

Hard to explain with words...
And they are probably many other ways to do that depending on what you wanna do.

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.