Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Summing mixer for Pro Tools

Does anyone make a 24x2 or 32x2 analog line input summing mixer meant specifically for ProTools so that you don't have to mix in the box? Maybe there's an 8x2 line mixer that you can daisy chain 4 together or something like that? I don't need efx sends or eq. I just want to sum the signals without using the ProTools mixer.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Best

Greg Frey
Old 05-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Summing mixer for Pro Tools

dont know of any making it specifically for protools but www.manley.com makes one H*** of summing board worth checking out...

or maybe this one : http://www.midasconsoles.com/xl88.html
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Summing mixer for Pro Tools

Greg,

I just tried to send you an e-mail but the address you have registered here on the DUC isn't working.

I think what you are looking for is the SSL X-Rack. It's a modular system in a 3U rack space with full Total Recall and the SuperAnalogue design of the 9000K. 3 X-Racks can link together but in just one you can have 32 channels of summing (24 of which have independent level/pan control and 28 of which have separate insert points). It integrates with PT very nicely since the Total Recall information can be stored per session on a separate MIDI track. Also, we just pre-launched a new product to go along with this called the AudioLot MixBay which is a 192 point TT->DSUB 3U bay built to the highest specs. It'll begin shipping in mid-June and we've been accepting pre-orders for a few weeks now with a wonderful response.

You can certainly see all of this on our website and please feel free to give me a call to discuss things in greater detail.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook