How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2013, 07:01 AM

Exclamation Faders on 2 units instantly no longer touch sensitive

Hi,
I´m facing an issue with one fader on my MC Mix from one second to another no longer being touch sensitive although the motor is still working. Looks like a hardware fault, that can happen.
the mysterious thing is that in the same second, another fader on my MC Control, which was configured as the attention fader (and was controlling exactly the same fader that went faulty on my MC Mix ) started behaving the same way.
It is unlikely that the identical hardware fault is happening on two units exactly at the same time, so does anyone know:
Is there a possibility to disable the touch sensitivity of single faders that I maybe did by accidents which than inhereted on the attention fader on another unit?
I know, sounds weird, but does anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Avid

Default Re: Faders on 2 units instantly no longer touch sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVElbert View Post
Hi,
I´m facing an issue with one fader on my MC Mix from one second to another no longer being touch sensitive although the motor is still working. Looks like a hardware fault, that can happen.
the mysterious thing is that in the same second, another fader on my MC Control, which was configured as the attention fader (and was controlling exactly the same fader that went faulty on my MC Mix ) started behaving the same way.
It is unlikely that the identical hardware fault is happening on two units exactly at the same time, so does anyone know:
Is there a possibility to disable the touch sensitivity of single faders that I maybe did by accidents which than inhereted on the attention fader on another unit?
I know, sounds weird, but does anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
Hi Stefan,

We have no cases in our customer support history of faders losing touch sensitivity over time. Did you by any chance accidentally change something in the software for those two tracks? If you have done trouble shooting and determined there is a hardware fault, please contact customer support if you are in warranty to receive guidance toward RMA. Or email me directly at [email protected].

If you are indeed experiencing a hardware issue, getting your unit back for investigation will be key to our understanding what happened.

Best,
JC
Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Faders on 2 units instantly no longer touch sensitive

I had the same touch sensitivity fader issue a few months ago with one of my MC Mixes'. I sent my registered unit to Avid and they charged me $144 to fix the fader and they also changed the faceplate to the new Avid Mix faceplate. No settings were changed to trigger the issue.

JC, this issue was reported by multiple users including myself over a year ago (2/5/12) to be exact. Please review the post "Dead Faders" originally posted by engininja. My post is the third down.