Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2023, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If they indeed release in August 2023 I stop complaining. I bet at that time companies such as iZotope, Lexicon and TC are still saying "we are committed to blahblahblah" without any kind of estimate.
I don't expect Lexicon to have anything by August. Not even by the end of the year. TC... maybe. Izotope will drizzle out a few updates every few weeks. I'm now wondering about one of my favorite companies, PSP Audioware. They're becoming the most lax all, which isn't like them. I sent an email a few days ago asking about updates but haven't received a response of any kind.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I'm now wondering about one of my favorite companies, PSP Audioware. They're becoming the most lax all, which isn't like them.
PSP is located in Poland and their neighboring country is at war with a terrorist country. That crisis may have effect on them as well.
Old 06-22-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
PSP is located in Poland and their neighboring country is at war with a terrorist country. That crisis may have effect on them as well.
Certainly possible, but that doesn't appear to be the case since they're releasing new products and Warsaw is far from the crisis areas.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Certainly possible, but that doesn't appear to be the case since they're releasing new products and Warsaw is far from the crisis areas.
By car, less than 400km from the area nowadays called Kaliningrad. Flight distance less than 300km.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:25 PM

Quote:

Good to know, I just created an account, but did not think of the Native thing yet.
Was looking at the PSP Aural Comp for the ATMOS Room here, but I am still for the most part just been using Rosett2, but think now practically all of my most used plugins are Native now.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-22-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
By car, less than 400km from the area nowadays called Kaliningrad. Flight distance less than 300km.
300k is like 186 or so miles, so that is not that far away. YIKES!

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-22-2023, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
300k is like 186 or so miles, so that is not that far away. YIKES!
In flight terms 150 nautical miles, or a 40min flight -- but still a 5 hour drive by car.

Yes it is close. Because this (originally Prussian Twangste, then Polish Króleviec, then German Königsberg, and) now post-WWII Soviet/Russian Kaliningrad area is right next to Poland, the crisis is at their front door. If Poland wasn't a NATO member they would have been attacked already, because they keep supplying arms to the conflict zone.

But let me stop hijacking this thread
Old 06-22-2023, 06:22 PM

RE: the topic of plugin compatibility, only 6 of the 15 PSP products I own are Silicon. On their site they claim that a 7th (Vintage Warmer) is compatible but that's incorrect. They recently released 42, the stereo controller, aural comp and aural control. And another day has passed without a response of any kind to the inquiry.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:04 AM

Default AAX Plugin manufacturers...

Please get up to speed with AAX running natively in silicon machines. They have been around for a few years now so it's time to stop dragging your feet. I'm talking to YOU iZotope and to YOU Plugin Alliance!!
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 06-23-2023, 07:51 AM

Default Re: AAX Plugin manufacturers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Erik View Post
Please get up to speed with AAX running natively in silicon machines. They have been around for a few years now so it's time to stop dragging your feet. I'm talking to YOU iZotope and to YOU Plugin Alliance!!

I feel your pain, but to be fair although Apple Silicon machines may have been around that long, the first certified version of Pro Tools for Apple Silicon was released much more recently. Not making excuses, but realistically the clock didn’t start with the arrival of M1 Macs.