Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2023, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Waves Creative Access?

I can get to the forum by clicking the link but if you go to waves.com home page, the site will not load.
Seems all hell is breaking loose all over the internet, (social media, forums, Youtube) about this. The OVERWHELMING responses are extremely negative, I have yet to see anything positive with subscription only or any of the "AI" stuff, except from Waves themselves.
This company destroying change should be monitored real-time and taught in EVERY business school so future board rooms will know how to destroy a business practically overnight.
People do not want subscription only business models and will change decades long loyalty as a result. Maybe not overnight, but they do start wandering into other pools they weren't thinking about before the change. That opens the doors for other companies with better service and products to collect the revenue that would have been spent with the previous company which is now old hat.
With the history of backlash from other companies trying to go subscription only, (ahem cough cough) this has been proven over and over.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:40 AM

The Waves forum is lit up.
There is a Change.org petition too:

https://www.change.org/p/waves-goodbye

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 03-27-2023, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Perpetual dislike of subscriptions

Stephen
+1
Old 03-27-2023, 01:47 PM

I expect Plugin Alliance to get a lot of new users.
Almost every plugin
Old 03-27-2023, 02:24 PM

There’s a bit of confusion (surely not) over whether Waves v14 supports AAX silicon native. Waves’ website says Rosetta only - https://www.waves.com/support/waves-...con-processors - but multiple users in the AAX native sticky thread say they have it working. Is it just unofficially working or something? Did it change in a point update?

Very important this issue - anyone thinking of going to silicon in the future will need to know if any V14 plugs they have will work.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-27-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
There’s a bit of confusion (surely not) over whether Waves v14 supports AAX silicon native. Waves’ website says Rosetta only - https://www.waves.com/support/waves-...con-processors - but multiple users in the AAX native sticky thread say they have it working. Is it just unofficially working or something? Did it change in a point update?

Very important this issue - anyone thinking of going to silicon in the future will need to know if any V14 plugs they have will work.
V14 is Apple Silicon AAX native. It has always been. It wasn't mention because Pro Tools hadn't arrived. I have been using them since Pro Tools Beta AS and they work flawlessly. It probably won't be mentioned since they want you for subscription now. Trust me they are. See WaveShell attachment below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waves V14 AS.jpg (4.6 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Studio One Pro 6.6 | Logic Pro 10.8.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMusic View Post
V14 is Apple Silicon AAX native. It has always been. It wasn't mention because Pro Tools hadn't arrived. I have been using them since Pro Tools Beta AS and they work flawlessly. it probably won't be mentioned since they want you for subscription now. Trust me they are.
Thanks for confirming. This will affect a lot of people.

At this point it’s pretty easy to believe anything negative about Waves. Why wouldn’t they have updated their compatibility? Because they want people to pay money to subscribe to something they don’t need to.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-27-2023, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Thanks for confirming. This will affect a lot of people.

At this point it’s pretty easy to believe anything negative about Waves. Why wouldn’t they have updated their compatibility? Because they want people to pay money to subscribe to something they don’t need to.
See WaveShell Attachment below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waves V14 AS.jpg (4.6 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Studio One Pro 6.6 | Logic Pro 10.8.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:04 PM

It kinda sucks not being able to sell your plugins now.

I would sell my v12 Mercury bundle since I also have a v14 Mercury, but I cant sell it without it being current, and they stopped selling WUP.

https://www.waves.com/support/transfer-of-ownership

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-27-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
It kinda sucks not being able to sell your plugins now.

I would sell my v12 Mercury bundle since I also have a v14 Mercury, but I cant sell it without it being current, and they stopped selling WUP.

https://www.waves.com/support/transfer-of-ownership
Yeah I'm selling my Horizon V14 Bundle. I have until Nov 28, 2023. What a sucker punch! Ouch!