Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2020, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Graphic freeze on playback

Try turning off your network / WiFi .. that makes it go away for me.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:16 PM

Out of curiousity, could Melodyne 5 be an issue here? Is anybody having this issue without having installed Melodyne 5?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 05-30-2020, 04:21 PM

I have not updated to Melodyne 5 so that isn’t it.

Also I started up with no 3rd party plugs and still saw the bug. It’s not plugin related.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:39 PM

Same here! 2020.5 on Mojave 10.14.6 and latest Security Update. Everything was fine yesterday...today, freezes every 5-seconds. I've trashed prefs, uninstalled and reinstalled ProTools, no dice. I've even swapped to a cloned system drive just to check, no improvement. WTAF?
Old 05-30-2020, 06:37 PM

Had the same problem. 2020.5, Mojave 10.14.6 with latest Security Update. Everything normal yesterday, and today all sessions freezed every 5-seconds, with that damn beach ball(no problem with playback, just graphics).

Was relieved(kind of) to find this thread and see that it wasn't only my setup. It's odd that everybody seems to just started to have it today with no apparent reason.

After reading this whole thread I've followed the steps that seems to be working for some folks: trashed prefs, uninstalled and reinstalled ProTools, disabled my network(turned off wi-fi and made ethernet connection inactive). I've also opted out to send info to Avid at reinstall and used Little Snitch to block Pro Tools connections(it seemed to be phoning home). Finally, uninstalled UVI Drumreplacer demo, since it was the only plugin that(coincidently or not), I've installed yesterday.

Lauched Pro Tools, finger crossed, and thank God it's working fine again!

After that I've turned my ethernet connection back(still kept wi-fi off and little snitch restrictions, just in case) and it still running fine.

Not sure what did the trick for me, but I'm glad it did. Thanks for all the tips.

Hope this help someone, and Avid, please, do your homework cause this is serious!
Old 05-30-2020, 08:15 PM

Same problem here too. Started today. Nothing changed in my system that worked perfectly yesterday. I do NOT have Eucon. I did update Mac OS 2 days ago to 10.15.5. I re-installed PT and the driver. No luck - will try to re-install and NOT send diagnostics to Avid. This is unworkable. 2020.5 and NEW 2019 Mac Pro 48GB 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W.

Update:

Just re-installed and opted out on sending diagnostics to Avid. That's the only change. WORKING NOW. No graphics freeze.

Last edited by SoHI; 05-30-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-30-2020, 08:42 PM

Same problem here, turning off wi-fi fixes the problem.

Two completely different computers, one running 10.14.3 and the other 10.15.4. One of them running Pro Tools HDX ultimate, the other just plain Pro Tools.

No plugins or audio required, just make an empty track and hit play.

My first thought was iLok cloud, I don't use it because when I tried it, this was the kind of behaviour I was seeing. I opened iLok license manager and it said there was an update required, I installed it, but no difference.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 PM

Honestly I was JUST about to post about this issue!
Just started for me tonight and I was very confused and perplexed...

Any solutions yet?
Old 05-30-2020, 09:08 PM

My issue started today as well. Mac OS Mojave with Pro Tools 2019.10 even a session with nothing on it has the issue. Tried turning everything I can off. And even upgraded to 2020.5 with no fix. I don’t know what to do next. No software changes happened since it worked yesterday.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:53 PM

I'm running a mac and for me deleting preferences solved the problem:

I wasted 5 hours trying to fix this issue. I needed to finish a project today so I tried uninstalling Eucon. I update pro-tools from 2020.3 to 2020.5. Removed all third party plugins. I had just updated Melodyne so I suspected it. I updated the iLok software. None of those things worked for me.

What worked for me was deleting Pro Tool preferences. I followed these instructions on my mac and the problem was resolved after the reboot.
https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...ls-preferences