Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Default ASC rant

This is mainly meant for the Avid/Digi management.

I'm using PT less and less for one reason. I'm tired off been forced into buying support. If and when my work justifies it I will. However I rarely need help but when I do invariably it's because there is something wrong with your product. I do find the DUC helpful but other users don't always have the answer and one generally needs to wait a while. I was reasonably OK with the old system of e-mail support where we (the not so well off users) waited weeks for a response from support. I generally found the support team informative and useful. However now to be told the only way is to buy an ASC is insulting. Employ more people. I'm freelance I'll look at some of your support mail and reply if I can!

Why do I have to trawl FAQ & user groups to find what I need to know ?
For example having purchased the PTIEP with my PT ver 9 I would like to know from the horses mouth weather Strike can or cannot do other time signature than 4/4 ? It doesn't work for me.
Simple answer as rumour has it that is doesn't. Also I'm struggling with BFD in PT to get simple 3/4 rhythms to be stable ? If Strike/PT was a drummer they would be fired, replaced and possibly billed for the wasted studio time.

Now surely as a loyal customer of many years there should be a mechanism for me to ask these questions about products I've paid you for without having to spend more money. Here I am yet again ranting on to Avid/Digi feeling defeated about the project I was working on. I will move over to Logic or Ableton and see if I feel better. A shame as I honestly prefer PT as my DAW but being isolated and ignored by Avid is doing my head in.

Sort it out and hopefully you hear me saying 'Nice' when I refer to Avid rather than *********

Regards
Nick
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Default Re: ASC rant

Don't give up on PT9, sounds like you need to know about groove3.com.

Bite the bullet, spend $30 for an "all access pass" and learn from their excellent tutorials. They have a new one on PT9, and a great tutorial on BFD2. Their mixing tutorials are out of this world. give it a try. you won't be disappointed.

Knowledge is power, Groove3 is your place to tweek your knowledge and make music.

-SteveB.