Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Default Help Please? Purchased PT 11HD in March and have no idea how to get started...

Hi, I purchased PT11 HD Native with a new Native PCI-E card and Avid HD I/O in March and have no idea who to turn to for support. I read somewhere that I should receive a certain amount of free support from Avid but how do get the proper support ticket, and what exactly is a support ticket? I'm just really confused (& frustrated) and am in limbo as to what plugins will work with my system. I've been ready to purchase some plugin bundles for months, right now the only ones I can use are my UAD plugs.

Also I'm having latency issues, which I was told pre-purchase would not be an issure in HD Native, so need help configuring my system to ensure latency is as low as possible.

Please help??
Thanks!
Rich
Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 AM

Also, should I get a free upgrade to PT12 HD since it was released shortly after my purchase of PT11 HD? I don't see the PT12 HD upgrade in my master account, who do I contact to make sure I'm receiving what I paid for?

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:39 AM

I really confused and no one is returning answers to my questions.
I need to know if I should see a free PT12 HD Native Upgrade download in my account? I purchased PT11 Native with a PCI-E card and Avid HD I/O (all brand new from a licensed dealer) in March 2015. Since PT12 was released very shortly after my purchase of PT11, should the upgrade to 12 be free?
If so, why is it not showing up in my account, and how do I get the free upgrade right NOW?
If I'm not eligible for the free PT12 upgrade how much will the upgrade cost me?
If it does cost me several hundred dollars to upgrade from 11 to 12, how is it fair to charge someone the full cost plus the upgrade cost, when if I would have just waited another month I would have just had to pay for PT12 without incurring the upgrade cost. Basically what I'm asking is, when I purchased PT11HD was there assurance that if PT12HD was released the next day would be eligible for a free upgrade to PT12HD since I have just paid for a full version of PT HD software?

I'm so confused, please help.
Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Ok, so I got the free upgrade to PT12!!!!!! So relieved that the upgrade policy is fair for people that purchase HD software and then a short time later the next version becomes released. I just wish there was more clear info on this and many other issues that are still unresolved for me.
Thanks go to Jeffro!

One more question... For those that purchase new PT software, are we eligible for free call in time to actually speak with someone in person? If so, how do I get access to a call in code? I'm beginning to think Avid is a virtual company run my AI. Would love to speak to someone in person to receive help on some other issues and to help better configure my system. If the help I receive provides solutions, that would give me confidence to continually purchase access for future consultations. Not trying to criticize but a company should be all about providing easy access to solutions for customers, and I'm just have the hardest time even figuring out how to get someone on the phone from Avid to explain anything. As of now I still don't know if I own a call-in access code - if I do I would love to use it!
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Still needing to know if new software owners get a free support ticket and how to claim access for phone support, but I did receive the upgrade to PT12!
Old 06-02-2015, 01:25 PM

Call Avid .. you should have 90 days of support .. and a little effort into looking for an answer on internet would help you .. this took me all of 10 seconds to find phone numbers .. happy to help this time .. to a new PT user .. welcome to Pro Tools ..

since you are in St. Louis call them bitches up ..

this link is for a Keyboard Overlay for Pro Tools .. i have one on my main and laptop keyboards ..

http://kbcovers.com/pro-tools-keyboard-cover/

cheers john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 1.22.20 PM.jpg (30.9 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Thanks! Do they make keyboard codes for windows 7? This would help a ton, I have no idea what any of the shortcut functions are in PT.

Avid did get back to me via email. It seems they are becoming a bit more responsive to customers problems...I hope they keep improving. If they do, skies the limit for Avid, they could take over world!

Thanks again, and thank you AVID for the quick email giving me the info I've needed, it's very much appreciated!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:47 PM

Looks like you jumped head first! It's rare that someone buys PTHD without extensive ProTools experience. That being said, you are where you are.

As far as latency, tell us more about your computer. You should select a 64 or 128 buffer, the lowere the better. Recording at 96 will also help with latency.

You can only run AAX plugins in PTHD11, if you own a lot of RTAS and there is no ASX alternative, you can also run PTHD10, it will run both RTAS & AAX,

PTHD12 should have been free since you bought it in March of this year. Did you register PTHD11? If so, you should see PTHD12 in your Avid account.

You will get better advice here than you will with Avid directly, and defiantly faster!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp