Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2024, 05:19 PM

Default Fender Mustang GTX50 With. Protools studio 2022.10

I. just a got. a fender mustang and Im trying to see if I can. hook it upo in protools to use the amps and effects

Computer is a mac book pro
2.3GHZ 8 Core Intel
32 GB ram
OS. ventura 13.5.2

here is what I did .
conneted USB. from Fender and turned amp on

went to set up --> midi. studio
Select PRO TOOLS AGGREBATE i/O
I see the Amp. listed and checked the box. next to it
Then I. went to Set up. I/O , clicked on. the input tab and selected AUX i/O. and choose the fender Mustang-GTX USB. audio and it seems to like it
I them create a track and I can see the amp as an input but that as far as I get . If I load it it. grey. and if I press record I get an error saying that the device must have an input and out . . I dont know how to set this . I think Im close Pics attached
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Fender Mustang GTX50 With. Protools studio 2022.10

If Pro Tools does not have an input it's likely because you have not included the input part of the amp in the aggregate I/O setup... that may be separate than the output part. You need to include them both, and to get started do not include anything else.

If the Mustang USB interface inputs and outputs are not seperate then you should not be using aggregate I/O at all. Just use the device directly as the playback engine, at least to start with.

When you look in Audio MIDI setup what exactly do you see? Describe it clearly or post a screenshot on a photo or file sharing website and post the link here. Don't post screenshots to DUC, they get uselessly down scaled. Avid, a visual media company, apparently can't afford the cost of usable image hosting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After setting up the correct aggregate if needed, or using the device directly in Pro Tools>Setup>Playback Engine then go into each page on Setup>IO>{Input, Output, Bus) click on/select all I/O paths there then click [Delete], then click [Default]. That just guarantees that all the I/O names are correct/come from the driver defaults.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Fender Mustang GTX50 With. Protools studio 2022.10

You also need to match the sample rate of the session and the Mustang

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave