Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2003, 09:42 AM

Default PT 6.2.2 LE Crash every 2. minut ?

Got this problem with my new setup, If iīm not saving every 2 minut when working in recording/edit mode, my PT sudenly crash. Itīll freez or simply just clossing down sometimes with a short message of " PT quit unexpectally ". Well I guessed ;-) .
I got this idea about, if I need 2 Gb ram maybee, but that shouldnīt be nessecary.
Anybody experienced this and/or know what the problem is, I would be very happy.
( Sorry ībout my european English )
I donīt use any other plug-ins but the click-track, when recording.

Setup
G4 1.25 Ghz Last model - single processor ( month old )
1 gb ram / 4 x 256 PC2700 Kingston Ram-blocks
Digidesign 002r ( one month old )
250 gb ext. onetech Firewire disc in 6 partitions ( OS-X formatted )
PT LE v. 6.2.2
OS X v. 1.3.1

Best Regards

Michael Engman
www.engman.dk
Old 12-28-2003, 12:36 PM

Default Re: PT 6.2.2 LE Crash every 2. minut ?

I am having the same problem! First my 002 Control kept failing, then 6.2.2. keeps crashing!
What the hell is Digidesign doing? I didn't spend $3gs to get chumped!
AND I followed all the troubleshooting steps that Digidesign suggested at the top of the DUC!

* AN OPEN NOTE TO DIGIDESIGN*
Get your act together or YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR CORE CONSUMERS!
Give me an alternative and Im OUT.
I am PIS*ED!
-
angry p!
Digi 002 Control Surface/Pro Tools LE 6.2.2/ Panther 10.3.1/ 1 Ghz 17" PowerBook G4/ 1 GB Ram/ 60 GB FireWire w|Oxford 911 Chip Set.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Give me an alternative and Im OUT.
There are several alternatives out there, you don't have to look far to find them. Props to you for doing some troubleshooting on your own first, but since going through the troubleshooting steps didn't solve your problem, have you tried calling digidesign support? It's not likely that they'll see your message here as they rarely visit this USER conference, so if you need support directly from them call them during their support office hours. digidesign contact info
Old 01-04-2004, 09:58 AM

Well I also think Digidesign should and probally are about to find the bug, but Iīm serious about this product, and Iīm NOT gonna fall off, just because of some minor problems. Iīve been working with Digidesign PT for about 6 years and are happy about it.
Iīve been upgrading the OS to 10.3.2 and that have fixed the most problems. Now I can work for about 1 before 6.2.2 crash. So maybe itīs some extiension taht has to be off, that I havenīt found yet. If anybody has any good ideas just come on.

Best Regards

Michael Engman
Old 01-05-2004, 06:55 PM

My friend had the same problem and defragging fixed it so far. trashing the plist etc works. Sometimes just back everything up and wipe out your drives and start from scratch. Getting angry never works but is always my first reaction. smoke one and come back the next day and do some computer maintanence.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:34 PM

I've installed several of these systems and had very few problems and have always been able to figure out the cause for the 'unexpectedly quit' error messages.

You've tried all the applicable solutions in Answerbase #26524?

If so - do you have any other devices attached to the computer? Do you have any other apps running in the background, including Anti-virus, system maintenance or firewalls? Do you have an Airport card installed? Did you repair disk permissions BEFORE installing Pro Tools? Do you have any other audio applications installed?

Provide a bit more info and/or call Digi Tech support. It's very likely that your rig can be made solid, it just takes some troubleshooting. Expecting EVERY system to run flawlessly from day 1 is absolutely crazy. Computer systems are so complex that it would be impossible to accomplish that task, so be patient, be methodical and work through all the possible solutions.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:46 AM

Thanks for the Ideas
I tried some thing different, thinking that My OS 10.3.2 maybe is a bit to new to be problem free, I caught up the Jaguar 10.2.6 and reinstalled PT with the v. 6.1 that was offered on the CD. And "Wauv". Out of the box, it simply just runs perfect, no breakdowns yet, The machine seems to run a bit faster and there are no DAE errors or anything, Iīm amazed.
I will come back in 2 weeks telling if this still works. But right now, no new versions are gonna go to that hard-drive ;-)...

Motto: If it works ! Donīt touch it...

Michael

PM G4 SP 1.25, 1 gb ram ( 4x256mb Kingston) 80Gb systemdrive - 80 gb Internrec-drive - 250 gb extern FW backup.