Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2023, 09:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
This may sound like a stupid response but I had a 2nd mac on my network via wifi with eucintol installed on it and whenever that network mac was booted up and Eucontrol was active it would take control of all my controllers. I was scratching my head wondering why my main Mac wasn't allowing me to access the controllers. Then I realized the network mac has seized control of all of them. I quit Eucontrol on the network mac and all was able to have access to all my controllers again.
On the second machine remove the surfaces from the My List (Make sure it's got the same software version first)
Old 03-04-2023, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
On the second machine remove the surfaces from the My List (Make sure it's got the same software version first)
@Cyros I don't find your response stupid at all.
I had this issue in a large post house and the problem was:
1. I didn't consider that other workstations (e.g. picture edit suites with ARTIST COLOR) were even using EUCON.
2. When I knew about this possibility, I needed to find out which of the 20 AVIDs in the house it was that had accidentally locked my ARTIST MIX.
Not a straightforward user-experience.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:31 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Rost View Post
@Cyros I don't find your response stupid at all.
I had this issue in a large post house and the problem was:
1. I didn't consider that other workstations (e.g. picture edit suites with ARTIST COLOR) were even using EUCON.
2. When I knew about this possibility, I needed to find out which of the 20 AVIDs in the house it was that had accidentally locked my ARTIST MIX.
Not a straightforward user-experience.
The automatic locking of surfaces was removed many years ago when I took over all EUCON Surfaces (like 8+ years ago). This would now require a user to install EuControl and then grab someone else's Surface which would also have to be on the same network. Naming Surfaces is a good idea too making it easier to find.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:32 PM

Hello everyone,

Avid Link automatically installed the latest Eucon app and now my Mac M1 studio with Monterey won't see the Avid Artist Mix!

HELPPPPPPPPPP
Old 07-27-2023, 06:50 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticine View Post
Hello everyone,

Avid Link automatically installed the latest Eucon app and now my Mac M1 studio with Monterey won't see the Avid Artist Mix!

HELPPPPPPPPPP
Avid link does not auto install EUCON....are you sure what version are you on? and if it wasn't you installing it....does someone else use your machine? FYI, the Mix and Monterey are supported in the latest EUCON release.
Old 07-29-2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Avid link does not auto install EUCON....are you sure what version are you on? and if it wasn't you installing it....does someone else use your machine? FYI, the Mix and Monterey are supported in the latest EUCON release.
It got installed after Avid link auto updated ALL available updates. Eucon app immediately stopped recognizing the Artist Mix controller. Won't show up on the available devices. Nothing has changed. Any ideas on what I can do? Thank you!
Old 07-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Avid

There is no mechanism for Eucon to auto update only manually so are you sure it changed. What version of EuControl does it say in the about menu?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
There is no mechanism for Eucon to auto update only manually so are you sure it changed. What version of EuControl does it say in the about menu?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply!

Version: 2022.9.0.4
Eucon Version: 4.8.6.44
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 1.53.09 PM.png (9.9 KB, 0 views)