How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 12:31 PM

Default please HELP | Efficient way to do SPOKEN AUDIO CD

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone out there has some suggestions for an efficient way for me to record voiceover work in PT TDM 6.4.1.

I am producing a Spoken Word Audio CD with 60 track marks (approx 60 min)

I need to record approx 60 min of script reading, and drop CD track marks every minute or so on the fly , then export as 60 seperate CD audio tracks (for a 60 track Audio CD).

#1. Is there a way to batch export (or bounce to disk) all of the seperate tracks with one command ??? i.e. and not bouncing each selection to disk one at a time (60 times)

#2. Is there a way to assign "create memory location" command or drop a track marker to a MIDI key???

#3. Any other insight you can offer is certainly welcome.

I've been a frequent reader and I occasionally post to this forum since 2001. This has always been a great community of engineers/producers and audio enthusiasts.

Im really counting on you guys for some help.

Thanks!

Steve
TDM6.4.1/MIX24/OSX/G4-450/MagnaExpChassis
Old 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: please HELP | Efficient way to do SPOKEN AUDIO CD

#1: To export a regions without having to bounce:

Make separate regions for each track that will show up on CD. You can do this by selecting the first minute, then press cmnd+E. Then select the second minute, cmnd+E. There are also other ways to do this.

Once you have regions where you want your CD ID markers to be, select all of the regions and press cmnd+shift+K. This will bring up the "Export Regions" dialog box. Check your settings and then press OK.

Poof! Faster-than-real-time export.

Note: this only exports the raw audio. If you need plug-ins applied, you'll need to bounce to disk or use AudioSuite prior to the "export regions".

Jeff D.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: please HELP | Efficient way to do SPOKEN AUDIO CD

In my setup I would bounce the whole session of 60 segments to disk as one Stereo 16 bit file. I would then move it over to my PC, and manually insert CD markers and create the CD, with Wavelab.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: please HELP | Efficient way to do SPOKEN AUDIO

Quote:
#1: To export a regions without having to bounce:

Make separate regions for each track that will show up on CD. You can do this by selecting the first minute, then press cmnd+E. Then select the second minute, cmnd+E. There are also other ways to do this.

Once you have regions where you want your CD ID markers to be, select all of the regions and press cmnd+shift+K. This will bring up the "Export Regions" dialog box. Check your settings and then press OK.

Poof! Faster-than-real-time export.

Note: this only exports the raw audio. If you need plug-ins applied, you'll need to bounce to disk or use AudioSuite prior to the "export regions".

Jeff D.
If you replace the cmnd+shift+K suggestion with cmnd+shift+Y, the result will be even faster and will take up less disk space. cmnd+shift+Y assigns the regions to the parent audio file. After doing this, programs like Jam can import the regions from the parent audio file as separate tracks.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:44 PM

blairl,

WOW, that's cool. Thanks for sharing!!

Jeff D.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 AM

Great! I believe that's what I was looking for. Again, thanks to both of your for your help.
Soulsytem