Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Default The FX Settings Thread

I've noticed that a lot of the FX on the 11R can yield a wide variety of sounds, while some of them can be pretty intimidating to some users. So the idea here is that users can ask for FX settings and other users (or the 11R Support/Development team) can answer them or just post their findings.

The reason I came up with this idea was mainly because I realized how incredibly powerful the new parametric EQ is. It has so many possibilities even I got a bit overwhelmed by it. But I think users in general should know that it's possible to emulate basically ANY wah pedal ever built with it for instance (maybe Chris can chime in and confirm this). Not only that, but it allows for some wild filtering applications as well, and when used as a pre-gain EQ it can definitely generate some pretty sweet tones.

Now I suspect that the new dynamic compressor and delay have some very interesting possibilities as well, so I'm really looking forward to your contributions. Maybe some day the Eleven Rack will allow for FX preset settings, imagine saving a PEQ preset called "Crybaby 535Q", that would be pretty sweet wouldn't it?

I'm still working on some PEQ settings myself that I'll post here later, right now I'm trying to come up with some pre-gain settings that hopefully will sound pretty cool, stay tuned
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: The FX Settings Thread

Actually, Eleven Rack already can save presets of individual FX. When you open the GUI for a specific effect there's a separate preset menu right above it just for that purpose.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about doing a few blog postings on how to use the PEQ as a treble/gain boost effect. I think it actually works really well as a treble booster if you select the HP6 filter type. I created a Brian May style preset, which I think captures his treble booster into an AC30 sound pretty well. Given how much gain the PEQ can spit out, it's very much like having another distortion/boost pedal option.

I think you could probably model the sound of different wahs pretty well, although it might take a lot of trial and error to get the sound right. I have had fun setting the high band to LP12 and setting the Q to around 2.0, and then sweeping the frequency for a cool wah effect. I also made a talkbox kind of effect, that would sweep between "ahhh" and "eeehhh" vowel sounds.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Townsend View Post
Actually, Eleven Rack already can save presets of individual FX. When you open the GUI for a specific effect there's a separate preset menu right above it just for that purpose.
Cool Feature, thanks for the reminder I have never used it.

Now get your ***** back to work on ERXP II........please, please, please. We are never satisfied. But it is your fault, you created the "best" update I have ever seen for any modeler......Chris....Are you still reading this?.....I thought I told you to get back to work!

Apologies
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Avid

Lol
P&S Creative Professional
AVID