Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 AM

Default Strike not triggering

I've just bought a new Macbook Pro and have migrated all the applications and settings from my old machine. First crank up of Protools 9 on the new machine and everything is cracking but Strike. Opening up the plugin GUI and i'm not able to trigger any sounds via the keyboard layout across the bottom of the plugin either, no signal triggering in any level meters either.

I've tried reinstalling the program, and I noticed when disc 1 was ready to pop I got an error prompt along the lines of "can't set content location until Rosetta is installed"... I went along and continued to install disc 2, but still no love.

Basically - Rosetta is what old OSX's need to run isn't it? Should I be needing it on OSX 10.6.8? My MBP is a brand new 2.2 i7, and i'm running PT9.0.3.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Strike not triggering

Can you list all troubleshooting tips you have performed?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 PM

Did you run the Set Strike Content Location App? The app should be located where the data is located. The default location (at least for the new version--and of course you can change the location) is in your Applications > Digidesign > Air Content > Strike.

I am assuming that since you have used Strike previously, that you loaded a setup/kit when you start it up. Did it appear to load correctly?

BTW, I have a new MBP (running 10.6.7) and PT v9.0.3 and Strike has always run fine. I also migrated everything from my previous MBP. I did run the Set Current Location app for all the AIR stuff though.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 AM

OK, just followed the above directions and set my content location.... after being prompted to install Rosetta. OK, will have to wait until tonight when i'm at the studio to see if it works.

Troubleshoots i've tried so far? Virtually nothing - it's bound to be a simple fix. First was install OSX and migrate all old data from my previous mac. A couple of tweaks and upgrades to ensure other plugins work correctly within PT9. I observed Strike wasn't triggering midi or registering hits within its gui (in any session) so I reinstalled discs 1 and 2, then the expansion package. No love at this point so I wrote this post.

Content location has now been set, so hopefully that'll fix the issue. If no replies by this time tomorrow all has been resolved
Old 08-19-2011, 04:33 AM

Thumbs up - everything is now peachy