Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Default Leopard: Function Keys don't work and PT won't "quit"

yo,

Just got a new 8 core last week. I installed PT and all my plugs and got to work. Everything worked great for the first few days. Then yesterday, in the middle of working on a session, my function keys quit working (they got re-routed to other functions). Also, every time I try to quit PT now, PT quits responding and I have to "force quit."
I have checked and double checked my prefs to make sure the Fkey boxes are deselected. I have repaired disk permissions and tried restarts. These two issues persist.
The only thing that I know of that changed that MIGHT be a factor is that I installed the Rewire plug from Propellerheads around the same time. I am not using the mac keyboard, but a wireless 3rd party from my old setup. I did try the mac board to see if it helped, and it did not.

PT 7.4.2
OS 10.5.4
seagate drives
2 gig ram (4 more on the way)

thoughts?

thx!