Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2015, 01:50 AM

Default 96 i/o and Protools 12 native

I have noticed that the interface 96 i / o does not work in Protools 12, but my old and cheap 2 channel Behringer card if it works , is it true? .
Old 07-08-2015, 03:02 AM

Default 96 i/o and Protools 12 native

Not working as designed. All Avid HD/TDM interfaces require Pro Tools HD software, they can work with other DAWs via CoreAudio or ASIO but not Pro Tools.... OTOH if you have HD hardware you should have got a Pro Tools HD license with it.... or so Avid would argue, since the EULA prohibits unbundling.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 AM

Default Re: 96 i/o and Protools 12 native

thanks , It's amazing works in logic, Cubase, etc, and protools 12 which is the same brand is not working.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Not working as designed. All Avid HD/TDM interfaces require Pro Tools HD software, they can work with other DAWs via CoreAudio or ASIO but not Pro Tools.... OTOH if you have HD hardware you should have got a Pro Tools HD license with it.... or so Avid would argue, since the EULA prohibits unbundling.
Not necessarily. A 96io was available for purchase without a Core card and software license.

OP - are you using PTHD or vanilla?

If you're using vanilla I would ask how you're connecting the 96.

If you're using HD then I would ask if you had installed the HD driver that was released with PT12.

I am using two 192s with 12HD and they're working great, but I installed the new driver
Old 07-08-2015, 06:28 AM

HD hardware requires HD license, abd HD interfaces must be connected to host via HD/HDN/HDX card(s)
Old 07-08-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily. A 96io was available for purchase without a Core card and software license.
as are HD I/Os, but you still need a Core Card of some flavor and a HD license to use the first interface

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 07-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post

OP - are you using PTHD or vanilla?

If you're using vanilla I would ask how you're connecting the 96.

If you're using HD then I would ask if you had installed the HD driver that was released with PT12.

I am using two 192s with 12HD and they're working great, but I installed the new driver
Not necessary what? Pro Tools (non HD) *cannot* work with any HD interface. Irrespective of how or what TDM/Digilink host card it is connected to. The OP made it very clear in this thread title (and posts) that he is talkign about Pro Tools native, not HD.

From a EULA viewpoint the HD license is bound to the Core card/HDN/HDX bundle. Its not necessarily tied to a HD/Digilink interface, but how do you think a HD/Digilink interface gets connected to a computer without that Core/HDN/HDX card and supposedly legally not-unbundable Pro Tools HD license?
Old 07-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigueiro View Post
thanks , It's amazing works in logic, Cubase, etc, and protools 12 which is the same brand is not working.
Like I said, that is by how it is designed to work. DUC is full of lots of folks asking the same question over the years. Avid's approach here is not something I agree with, but that is how it is. And Avid's expectation is that Core HD/HD Native/HDX systems are always bound to a Pro Tools HD licenses and the license is never separated from that hardware.